RE: TheBlizWiz Ban Appeal

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by TheBlizWiz

"Whenever someone fails, they try to bring down others with them. No one likes to be the only person failing. They convince others it's fun to fail. No matter how hard you try to help them, they won't accept any of it. It's like the Absolute Monarchs we're studying right now; if they ask the people what to fix in their country, they give up all the power to the throne. People don't like to feel dependent on someone else." "So what do I do?" I ask. "Nothing", he replied. "You let them fail and eventually life will come hit them in the face like a brick wall and they realize it's too late. You can only control what you can do, and don't worry about what others do."

My history teacher said that yesterday, when I ask them why he's okay with failure in his class and why people won't accept help or a second chance if given one. I thought about it for a long while.

I then thought of my actions on the server. I came to realize that I was the student who was failing, and the teacher was the staff member who administers justice when it is due. At first I thought it was fine to abuse the rules, knowing that with good behavior the tolerance for me will go back up steadily.

I suddenly remembered that I was different than those people because I know how to fix things in myself. I discipline myself, sometimes even a bit too harshly. Before know, I had never really associated the world of blocks with the world of physical things. It was pretty easy for me to see 'Blacked_Dawn' and think of a emotionless screen name rather than an actual human being with real thoughts and real morals.

It came to me what I really did wrong. It wasn't technical limitations of the server. Instead, it was considering the server as an escape route to all rules, with the freedom to do as one would please without punishment. It was even more so feeling like I was playing with a plethora of inanimate soulless robots that were programmed to seem human.

I finally say after all this that the internet is a place of commerce for humans. Everything a human does is dictated by laws, many of which are set by other humans. These laws are meant to prevent distasteful actions and keep order. Those who break these rules are subject to punishment. And I'm okay with that. I stepped over the line, and I deserved it.

Repentance is not only the acknowledgement of a wrongdoing, but a complete end to everything that was the wrongdoing. I hereby say that as of 11/30/16 my conduct anywhere online will be respectful of the rules of whatever medium I am using, not just of the CaftyMynes server. I will treat those around me with courtesy and respect the authority above me. Any behavior I have done before that is wrong will be completely and utterly ended.

or Sign Up to reply!