Soviet's Stories! "Why?"

1. 7 years ago

Hello! As many of you know I love writing, and I love comic heroes! Heres a little something I whipped up, please give me your input. Note: there are some things that will be some upsetting content, you have been WARNED

Crash!

Eddy sat up in his bed staring deep into the darkness. It took a few minutes for his heart to stop racing. Eventually the fear released its grasp and left him in empty blackness. He laid back down and closed his eyes, only to interrupted by his phone lighting up and blaring reveille .

"What's that?" Asked the woman that up until this point had been sleeping next to him.

He rose to his feet and took the glowing device in his hand, quickly silencing it and outing it's invasive light. He then began to piece together his green camouflage uniform scattered throughout the floor.
    With a heavy breathe he stated

"Duty calls."

As he began to throw on last night's sand tee, he felt a pair of warm hands wrap around him.

"Stay with me."

He was genuinely tempted was about to lie back down when suddenly another light invaded the room, this time followed by the crash of thunder.

He shoved her back towards the bed. On the way back her face met the wooden bedframe with a crack. He hurriedly positioed himself over her to shield her from gunfire... except there was none this time.

After again calming himself, he began to slowly piece together his uniform onto his body as she lie whimpering on the floor. Just as he had walked to the door, he heard her ask

"Why?"

He could felt the glare of her angry hate filled eyes drilling into the back of his head. For a moment, he considered answering before he slammed the door and left to his Lexus.

"Idiot bitch" he mumbled coldy under his breath.

Eddy drove off into the storm, feeling no remorse. The ride home was silent except for the trickle of rain on the car windows, the loud crashes of thunder, and his own racing heartbeat. The anticipation was overwhelming. He had been planning his return home for 3 weeks, but even after agonizingly planning ever detail of his return he was still nervous.

He drove up to his massive, three bedroom, colonial style home feeling a familiar mix of relief and distain. He walked through the heavy oak doors into the parlor, and as he he turned to close the door behind him, he felt something wrap around his waste.

"I missed you daddy"

Seven years, six months, and twenty-one days had gone by since her birth, but the name "daddy" still felt foreign. He turned around and embraced the young child, lifting her into his arms. She began to ramble on about what she did the day before in class, how her friends were, and all the other things a young girl would tell her father. The whole time he sat silent with porcelain smile painted on his face, hiding his true Apathy. He figured she deserved at least some attention today.

"Molly! Get ready for school!" Called out a familiar voice from the kitchen.

Molly happily skipped to her mother, announcing "daddy's back" as she did so.

Upon hearing Molly's proclamation, the mother ran to the door and angrily scowled at him.

"What the Fuck are you doing here Eddy!" She said in a hushed tone in order to not upset the child in the next room

"I came to get my house back, from you and the Mailman's brat" Said Eddy calmly.

"I don't give a fuck!" Her tone was growing louder "You're fucked up in the head and not welcome here! Stop sending me letters and stop forwarding your stupid gun magazines here!"

As she began to let go he thrusted his hand into his pocket and pulled out the Smith and Wesson given to him by a member of his platoon. Before the mother could react the trigger had been pulled and she was lying dead on the hard wood floor.

Molly ran into the room. She paused for a moment when she first saw her mother in pool of he own blood. After taking in the scene she ran up to her crying and wrapped her tiny arms around her mother's now lifeless body.

"Why daddy! Why would you do that!?"

He then aimed the pistol at the girl.

"Come on now Molly! It's time to go to school." He said before firing off three more shots.

"Fine, I'll go by myself."

As he walked down the halls in his uniform he was greeted by swarms of smile and thanks. Oh how it urked him. He hated how ignorant they were, how blind they all seemed to be. Applause erupted as he walked into Molly's class room. Over the school year they'd grown quite fond of him, and they always loved when he'd show up in uniform. The teacher ran up to greet him

"Hello again Captain! Here to give the Gun safety talk already? I thought you'd be doing that at three-thirty"

Eddy answered by thrusting his weapon in her face.

"Get your kids against the windows and barricade the doors!" He screamed.

The terrified teacher began to run from him only to be met with a bullet to the knee causing her to fall to the floor flailing in pain. The discharge of the weapon sent waves of terrified children screaming towards the classroom walls in an effort to get away from the madman. As he barked orders to the children he heard the teachers shrill voice shout

"Why!?"

This sent him into a rage, they always asked that! Why why why, and the question had weighed his patients down.

"It's so fucking simple! Yet no one's figured it out!" He screamed as he unleashed another round of gunfire into the teachers thigh. He then walked over to her as she grasped her wound and stuck his finger into it before taking and using the blood to draw a question mark on his green camouflage hat.

"Since everyone is so damn stupid, let's start with some warm up questions before we get to 'why'."

He paced around a time or two before speaking again.

"Riddle me this... The more you talk about this the less you have. Answer right and I'll let you live. Answer wrong and you won't be so lucky."

The room fell silent except for the hushed cries of all the children and their teacher. The man frowned

"Fucking idiots all of you!" He exclaimed "the answer is..."
    "A secret."

A deep haunting voice interrupted the man from behind. He turned to see it. It's black horns protruded from the pertinent scowl etched on its face. From its back hung a long velvet drape dark as the night. It was built like a man but it's presence was haunting. Whatever it was, it Paralyzed the psychotic man with fear.

" And I think I know why too." It proclaimed while slowly moving closer to him. "I read your profile Captain Nygma. You were and Army code talker and cypher. You were also once an intelligent child who loved playing games, but your father hated that."

The man was shocked how did this thing know anything about him?

"Every time you'd beat him in a game, he'd beat you for 'cheating.' this made you create a series of clues to prove your intelligence. However that backfired in Iraq, and cost you your platoon."

"How do you know this! Why do you know this! Who are you!" Screamed the now belligerent Nygma, raising his gun at the thing

"Don't do this Nygma, you're sick right now. Put the gun down. I can get you the help you need." The thing reached an arm out towards Nygma, while it's face still scowled, Nygma could see in its eyes was a genuine look of concern, maybe even empathy.

Nygma paused for a moment... then pulled the trigger. In the milliseconds between Nygma pulling the trigger and the bullet shooting out, the thing had vanished. Nygma began to panic

"What are you!" He cried as he frantically looked around the room for it

Suddenly Nygma felt a blow to the back of head. Before the world went dark he heard the thing utter one last sentence.

"I am Batman"

2. thats long

3. Is that bad?

4. no

5. @SovietSuperman_ Is that bad?

It's aweosme. Continue or start more please.

6. @Grinning_Bobcat thank you!

or Sign Up to reply!