Armor Stands With Arms

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by PlesleronTepryos

I created a small cocommand block structure that allows a player to throw a pair of sticks on an armor stand and that armor stand gets arms and subsequently destroys the sticks.

The first command block is a repeat:
    /execute @a ~ ~ ~ /execute @e[r=3,type=Armor_Stand] ~ ~ ~ /testfor @e[r=1,type=Item] {Item:{id:"minecraft:stick",Count:2b}}

Then a comparator.

The second command block is impulse:
    /execute @a ~ ~ ~ /execute @e[r=3,type=Armor_Stand] ~ ~ ~ /kill @e[r=0.5,type=Item] {Item:{id:minecraft:stick}}

The third is a chain:
    /execute @a ~ ~ ~ /execute @e[r=3,type=Armor_Stand] ~ ~ ~ /entitydata @e[r=3,type=Armor_Stand] {ShowArms:1}

Thank you for reading,

A Lymbian

EDIT: It only works for armor stands close-by.

2. umm i dont get it

3. when you throw a pair of sticks onto the base of an armor stand, it deletes the sticks and gives it arms.

4. Can confirm it works, good job!

5. -image-

6. oh awesome, i wasn't sure i communicated it properly

7. Thats a cool idea! i hope they add it!

8. From the store:

**You can substitute any or all of your pets for armorstands with options like arms, small version, no baseplate or even glowing!

9. Also, I would suggest removing the comparator and making it so it only works if there is 2 sticks, a person could throw down 1 stick and afk close to it and wait till someone else throws down 2 sticks. Not a huge deal but it is possible to gain the system.

10. that makes sense, i didn't think of that, i need to figure out how to fix it.

11. even then, who would be stingy enough to use only one stick?

12. i also need to figure out a way to return the sticks.

13. @PlesleronTepryos i also need to figure out a way to return the sticks.

It should cost sticks, That way you are essentially paying for the armorstand. I mean, If this was my module I would make it so you have to drop a diamond and 2 sticks. Just so there is payment.

14. @JustJams what i mean is that, when you break the armor stand, it should return the sticks

15. @CraftyMyner how do i remove the comparator because i can't seem to figure out how.

16. You would just move all the command blocks back 1, removing the comparator and making that impulse into a chain and conditional, You would then need to make the last one into a chain conditional. I am explaining these edits using @Andureil 's example. @PlesleronTepryos

17. I tried that but it didn't work.

18. I mean, There is multiple reasons it might not work. I will play around with it on my server and see what I can do to make it work without the comparator. @PlesleronTepryos

or Sign Up to reply!