TheRoberino Ban Appeal

1. 6 years ago

In Game Name: TheRoberino

Reason for your ban: I was banned for a sexual reference.

Why should you be unbanned: I was banned for saying a sexual reference. I'm assuming it's because somebody asked in chat "what's the worst thing you've ever said to your mother" I replied honestly. Everybody laughed to what I said, I said sorry (just in case i did offend anybody) I didn't think much of it then I went on with my day. I try to log on and I'm banned. I never got a warning or anything, I didn't contentiously say sexual references. I'm sorry for what I said. If I got a warning then I would know what the line is to what I can and not say. Lately I feel like mods have just been Nazi's. Seem's like they're bored, see somebody say something and feel the need to just instantly ban them. This hasn't just happened to me, I've seen it happen to other people. I've also seen the exact opposite. I've seen people make sexual references a ton, WAY more then what I said and mods/admins will be on. They don't mention it and the second I say one thing I get instantly banned, no warnings, nothing. In my humble opinion the rules need to be changed so they're more accurate.

2. Hello TheRoberino,

I banned you for making a very sexually explicit comment before you logged off. The rule you violated states:

Practice good chat etiquette - Don’t use caps, don’t spam, don’t discuss controversial, sensitive or offensive topics (e.g. sex, sexual identity or preferences, race, politics, religion, drugs, etc.), no advertising, no links, no trolling.

It doesn't matter that you were just answering a question honestly, nor that you apologized afterwards (showing you are aware of a rule as you break it doesn't help your cause). Simply don't discuss sexual topics. A statement like the one you made could not have possibly been said unconsciously, nor does someone need to warn you to show you how far over the line it clearly was. Different offenses merit different responses. Those responses include private warnings, public warnings, kicks, and bans. Your continued tendency to break numerous chat rules concerning caps, drug references, and sexual references (all for which you were warned), as well as the fact this occurred just after you were banned for breaking yet another rule, prove that you were yet to grasp the rules and that a warning was not necessary.
    Since this is your second ban, you will be pardoned 48 hours after this response. The rules do not need to be changed, you just need to learn to follow them. I advise you read all of the rules carefully in the next two days before you are pardoned.

WBlaine

3. You have been pardoned. Welcome back to the server.

or Sign Up to reply!