@SharpSerac i don't have problems with people disagreeing with me, i have problems with people that seemingly reply to every one of my suggestions disagreeing with me seemingly out of spite for me one way or another. that's how it has felt whenever you reply to one of my threads, or even my reply on someone else's thread.

not agreeing == disagreement

I'm sorry you feel that way but I legitimately disagree with the suggestions I disagree with, perhaps it's a product of having different views on Minecraft.
Not agreeing isn't the same as disagreeing either, someone can be netural or ambivalent.

@SharpSerac as stated before, crafty has said that items don't contribute much to the lag at all, so i don't find this argument to be a valid one.

as for it being "simple to avoid" tell that to my shulker box of Redstone supplies I lost because I forgot to look in the chat, which I'll also add, was on the ground for less than 1/4th of a second

He's never stated Items don't cause contribute much lag, just that the current system doesn't remove much. Entities are entities after all and a large number of entities definitely hurts the TPS.

Well if you don't pay attention to chat that's an unfortunate but ultimately avoidable on your part accident.

Crafty has a new Idea for Item clearing anyway which is better than just removing which I'm sure he will post soon and may deal with your concerns.