Sofatroll's Staff Application

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by Sofatroll

In Game Name: so fat roll Sofatroll

Time Zone: central european timezone (UTC+1)

Strengths:

• Studying sociology and leading the server's largest crew for over 2 & 1/2 years has surely provided me with lots of uselful knowledge about people's behavior. I know how to handle all kinds of people and situations in a fitting way. I know when it's better to change the tone, when it's time to argue seriously and when time has come to stop spilling oil into the fire and tell people to shut the f*ck up. I have learned to read between the lines, guessing people's intentions from what and how they type or speak or guessing how they might react to specific situations. I know when it's better to stay discreet rather then spreading panic, to just name an example.
    • Also I always have ideas to improve and optimize things. For example it was me who suggested to create the factions category back during 1.8, to work on the forum market or to actually use Discord instead of ts3.
    • Apart from that I consider myself a patient and honest person.

Weaknesses:

• I'm not a native english speaker. While I try my best to sound adequate while typing I just can't help myself when it comes to actualy speaking, one just can't simply ignore my strong accent. But hey, I guess you'll get used to it and I can only get better.
    • Sometimes I get too focused on building, not paying attention to chat or anything else. Can't really help myself with that. Maybe I should rather go to bed after coming home late then playing video games lmao, but life keeps me busy and I gotta find time somewhere, eh?
    • Also, not sure if this is really a weakness, people sometimes consider my rather blunty way to speak as harsh.

Why you are Applying:
    I have thought about applying for staff a lot during the estimated 2-3 years that I play on CM but I never really had the motivation to take a deep breath & time to actually write one. Also I really feel that during european morning/noon (late night on the us east-coast) there is usually hardly any staff member online to watch the 10-15 ppl online. I might be able to fill that hole, going from doing a report here and there to actually dealing with offerders.

Time Played on CraftyMynes (ticks): 24855745 (+ ~50mil on 1.9)

Custom Note :
    Staff team such as quite some other people do surely know that I have been perma-banned on my original account AlwaysDrunkPunk about 1 & 1/2 years ago for attempted duping. While I indeed tried to deny i'm drunkpunk the first week I returned as Sofatroll (the shame hit me hard), I realized that I gotta choke the pill and out myself as somebody who wears the offender-branding. Ever since I were open and honest whenever the topic came up. Mistakes have been made and I can just hope this won't be the reason this application gets denied for.

Thanks for reading
    Sofatroll

or Sign Up to reply!