The most Powerful Faction

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@BrigadierPenguin Noot Noot.

Agreed

3. why does it have to be a faction? could not an individual person become more powerful than a faction?

4. @Zabolca why does it have to be a faction? could not an individual person become more powerful than a faction?

not really

5. @Mabzino not really

Sure they could, there was certainly people in 1.8 who were more powerful than most of the factions at the time in terms of wealth and facilities.

6. @R4iscool1 Sure they could, there was certainly people in 1.8 who were more powerful than most of the factions at the time in terms of wealth and facilities.

well yeah but an actual legitimate faction won't be bested by a single person, not like the dark brotherhood or whatever

7. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

Excuse me, when was the dark brotherhood bested by one player?

It was just disbaneded.

8. @sknup challenge accepted what am I looking for

9. @_Haxington_ Excuse me, when was the dark brotherhood bested by one player?

It was just disbaneded.

as in, in terms of power, wealth, building etc the only faction that really was more advanced than the top single players or duos at the time was apathy

10. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@Mabzino well yeah but an actual legitimate faction won't be bested by a single person, not like the dark brotherhood or whatever

In pvp maybe but any other skills can be bested by a good player.
    They could definitely be raided into submission

11. Eberk 2 negatives don't make correct or something like that

Do pay heed to barons comment

12. @sknup Flash to join you must meet the requirements first of which is you must find The Lands of Sknup

Eberk and I are on the case

13. @FlashFood *Cyber high five*

14. Edited 7 years ago by FlashFood

I think everyone is overlooking how powerful the U.X.E.H.O.D is

15. @R4iscool1 In pvp maybe but any other skills can be bested by a good player.
    They could definitely be raided into submission

like what?
    a legitimate faction won't be raided by a single person, and they definitely won't be outfarmed or outbuilt

16. criaotic

27 May 2016 Suspended

@Mabzino hes referencing the time that he raided my base on the 1.8 server.

17. @Mabzino like what?
    a legitimate faction won't be raided by a single person, and they definitely won't be outfarmed or outbuilt

Why not ?
    Whats stopping a person doing that and outfarming/Outbuilding.

18. @R4iscool1 Why not ?
    Whats stopping a person doing that and outfarming/Outbuilding.

Simply manpower.
    An actual faction which has some level of organisation will have the farms run most hours of a day, with people constantly trading to villagers for emeralds, people constantly want to build either things like iron golem farms or villages to just aesthetically pleasurable projects.
    In vanilla there is no incentive to do this, so it just doesn't happen. Once you attain a certain measure of wealth there's not much point in getting more aside from intrinsic gain as I said in the other thread

19. Manpower is irrelvant to a degree, a good player can do things far more efficiently than two mediocre players.

There is plenty of players that do long shifts on the server equivalent to most factions.

There isnt much point for a faction either, it hasnt stopped me particually. Many view it as a race to the top.

20. I do believe Im one of those long-shift players. But Im on a break right now. Real life events caught up on me.

IMO, the only way I see "strong" factions (me as not belonging to any) is if they are noisy and active in the forum. There is no way I could gauge their strength. So I believe any faction can say they are the most powerful. Hell I could also say Im the most powerful "lone-wolf" faction. But no one will believe.

So unless a really good way to compare factions is done then this will all be an endless debate.

21. @R4iscool1 Manpower is irrelvant to a degree, a good player can do things far more efficiently than two mediocre players.

There is plenty of players that do long shifts on the server equivalent to most factions.

There isnt much point for a faction either, it hasnt stopped me particually. Many view it as a race to the top.

two players isn't a faction

plenty of player do long shifts, no player does long shifts of 10 hours just farming and trading emeralds (or more in a big faction) as in splitting it between 10-20 people so they only do 30 mins each or whatever, while others simultaneously build, raid, pvp etc

@R4iscool1 There isnt much point for a faction either, it hasnt stopped me particually. Many view it as a race to the top.

the top can be reached in vanilla in about a week of playing 6 hours a day if you're alone, probably half that if you're with someone else
    which is why I said in vanilla there is barely any incentive for factions

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!