Edited 8 years ago by CraftyMyner

I thought I had replied to this already but it appears that I got distracted. It is very important we bring issues to the surface, and vote for them. Mojang can't fix what they don't know is broken, and they likely have a lot on their plate. Voting for the issues that affect us the most let's mojang know what to work on next. The more votes and traffic a bug gets, the more likely it is to get in front of someone at mojang who can do something about it.

Some of you may remember the "sign hack", this was an issue that I found about 4 months before it was found in the first of hacked clients. I reported it privately and got no response, no one could vote for it, I just had to accept the fact that they weren't going to anything about it and protect myself the best I could. About 4 months after I conceived the hack, it showed up in a few hacked clients, players started OP'ing themselves on servers and it became big enough for mojang to see. 1.8.4-1.8.8 was all about fixing the issues around security, the ones that affect server owners, these releases contained about 5 of my bugs that I had submitted.

If that wasn't bad enough, I made a bug report a long time ago, I forget I had even posted it. One day I got an email that said it had been marked as "done", 289 days, 17 hours, 46 minutes later. As a programmer, I can't stress enough, good bug reports and some system to allow for feedback from the customers is very important. We don't know how to fix what we don't know is broken.

Don't forget to vote for theses as well as any other issues that affect how enjoyable your experience is on CraftyMynes. Bring forward issues and make sure that you make them private if it could affect the security of our server.

- Crafty