1. 8 years ago

There is a trick I've seen used on other forums to validate people's minecraft accounts. This would be useful for checking that people are actually who they say that they are on the forum. When users go to make an account on the forum they are directed to connect to a special minecraft server that only serves to give them a verification code. This verification code then let's them complete the registration process for the forum.

I just thought that something like this would be useful, especially if further website integration with the server is desired in the future.

2. This is something that I might add, I can't force players to use it as the forum is the only way for a banned player to get unbanned, but it could be nice to make a little star beside a players name that indicates that they are who they say they are. Also, now that I have the ability to change names and delete accounts, I will allow claiming of accounts, so if you try to use someone else's name and they claim it, you could lose that account to the rightful owner.

3. If you are banned on Craftymynes the idea is that you woul still be able to log in to the dummy server which gives verification codes. Thus, banned players would still be able to make a forum account.

4. Ahh I see what you mean, Yes very possible.

5. 3 years ago
    Deleted 3 years ago by GibsonAxe

or Sign Up to reply!