Enchant tables

1. 7 years ago

I am trying to use level 30+ enchants on my diamond gear. The problem is I keep getting the same offerings from the table, even though I enchanted 3 diamond pickaxes with the max enchant in hopes/assumption that it would get the offering to change.

Can someone give me the ELI5 version of these tables and how the system works?

I attempted to ask in game chat but a single troll managed to take over the entire thing simply by mentioning a politicians name, and the chat turned into an argument about server rules instead of anything productive.

2. Are you getting level 30 enchants from the table now ?

3. I am getting level 30 enchants, yes. I have the book shelves up.

I have tried 3 picks in a row and I keep getting offered the same enchant even though I have enchanted item after item with the same level 30 enchant.

Are the enchant offerings based off of a RNG or something?

4. Edited 7 years ago by FishW

Ok well here is my suggestions.

1. Try moving the enchant table, but lets be honest no one wants to do that.
    2. Use the enchant room at spawn.
    3. Try enchanting a book on the level 1 side to reset the enchantments.

I'll brainstorm on what else you could try.
    Edit: also sorry for my half post earlier. I didn't finish it lol.

5. Hmm try books instead but I'm honestly not sure

6. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

Snip
    I'd try books.

7. Enchantments are calculated from your "enchantment seed" which is a random number and changes each time you enchant something.
    The actual enchantments are decided based on the seed, what is being enchanted, it's material, and the enchantment level.
    I guess you just got lucky (or unlucky maybe) with having the same enchantment several times in a row. That or you found a bug.

Just try doing level 1 enchants to see if any of them change.

8. Edited 7 years ago by T0rsion

Carry 10 iron swords/tools/whatever and loads of lapis along with the diamond stuff, if there are no enchants you like for the diamond stuff, enchant the iron stuff on level one, the enchants should switch out when you do this. I got a godsword in legit 10 minutes using this method, try it out. :)

9. Ok great, I can try the enchant cheaper stuff to get the seeds to change.

I'll dump the iron stuff in the chest at spawn for the people even more clueless than me haha

or Sign Up to reply!