Old Forum Shut Down?

1. 8 years ago

The old forum is not working right now. Is it being shut down or is it some other error?

2. No, not yet, however this is just one more reason we created our new forum. A note about the old forum, we will be archiving everything on website I'm making in my spare time

3. hahaha the old forum was a turd anyway ;)

4. It was good when we started as it was the only thing that did the forums, store and management for vanilla servers. After making my own panel, I implemented the management into it, effectively making ServerKart really only a forum and store. After getting spammed for the 500th time, I said enough was enough, there's too many little issues that I can't even try to fix myself. I looked everywhere but nothing had everything I needed and most of the forums I found didn't integrate at all with my systems or minecraft.

EsoTalk is the forum that my programming language of choice uses, so I gave it a try. After redoing all the avatar stuff to use Minecraft heads, integrating my ranking system, changing the look and feel, fixing small bugs, and adding better validation/spam protection, I had created the awesome forum you see now.

Upon finishing the forum, I realized that I now had gone completely against my original plan of consolidating and optimizing the systems of CraftyMynes. I now had a store that was completely separate from almost every system, had little to no automation and used rcon (minecraft rcon is insecure) to deliver payments to the server with at best 90-95% accuracy (which is not really acceptable).

That brings us to where we are now. I am currently working on our new store and donation system that will be 100% automated as well as deliver the donations to the panel with SSL. No longer will I be spending all my time checking to see if anyone's VIP+ has expired and checking my invoices to see if someone actually donated.

To say ServerKart is a "turd" is not the best because not only did it provide everything I need to get my server off the ground, it has lasted me for over a year. That being said, I have outgrown the old forum and I need to look into new systems that can do exactly what I need them to do without keeping me up at night.

At some point I would like to migrate from the old forum just so I don't have to deal with 2 forums, 2 stores, and 2 ban managers, but until I can finish up the new store database and expiry system, I will be keeping them both running.

- Crafty

5. True, ServerKart did get your server off the ground (appreciated!) but it's obsolete now. It wasn't a turd when this amazing new forum didn't make it look like one.

sorry :/

6. Glad to see the old forum shutting down, now I don't need to check two forums back and forth :D.

or Sign Up to reply!