Blackfish_ Ban Appeal #2

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Blackfish_

IGN: Blackfish_
    Reason for banned: Anti-Knockback Hacks

Why i shouldn't banned:

Nysic ban me 3 days ago because of Anti-Knocback hacks as he accused me. Several hours before nysic banned me, I got a very bad connection (its like 30 kb/s -im not sure), that caused me freezeing several times. Its not constantly bad, but more to unstable connection.

For example, i got 120 kb/s internet speed when i logged in to the server. 30 seconds later, its free fall to 30 kb/s (or even 0 kb/s) for 20 seconds or so (sometimes until timed out) --- it happens continuously. And in that time, Nysic try to punch me with his knocback X weapon (I believe hes being suspicious to me after i talk about his "enchanted knockback dirt"). And bad for me, he did that when i got extremely unstable connection.

Short story, im banned cuz using anti KB. He said to me that 3 admins have prooved it.
    Well, i must say.. the problem is with me - not the admins.
    No matter if 20 admins tried to proove it, the result will remain the same due to my bad connection.

I have observed on google that in some case, extremely lag will caused player freezed and don't take any response from the outside (thats why when we are blown by creeper while we got lag, we will died on the spot (or just thrown a few blocks -depends on the connection when you are blasted by creeper). I believe i don't have a perfect connection for having a perfect thrown from Nysic KB 10 weapon ***KB 10 makes we thrown so fast. Thats mean we must load the chunk pretty fast too... and my internet couldn't do it. It makes sense right?)

Some server out there is very aware to give a punishment for "Anti-Knockback Hack" because it has very blurry differences between using anti kb and freezed.

I talked to mineplex staff about my case. He says it might be mistaken for lag. You can visit this link
    http://www.mineplex.com/forums/m/11929946/viewthread/22283942-ban-for-antiknockback-hacking ("the easy way to see anti kb is when the person using regen and not moving")

Im pretty hard about this because i believe im not using hacks client and the banned itself is just a mistaken. Its not just for me. I try to avoid this happens again in the future with different player (some people out there whos get banned cuz accused using anti-kb is complaining too because they are believe they just freezed --same as mine)

I will be glad if you learn more about it before answering my ban appeal.

Lastly, thanks for reading my ban appeal. I tried very hard to make this understadable.

(in mention: @CraftyMyner , @Nysic)

Regards,
    Blackfish

2. This ban is now under review, this will be responded with a final verdict.

3. Here's the thing, I looked at all your claims one by one and was able to prove them all wrong. When it came to the network issues you were describing, I ran some synthetic network testers that emulated the network that you had described as well a completely unplayable connection to the server (1000ms of ping, 200ms of jitter, 25% duplicate packets, 1% corrupt packets and 10kb bandwith) however, it didn't act at all like the videos we have of you. Some hits were delayed however all hits were eventually rendered. In your situation, you were hit, still moving around and taking damage, however you were not getting knocked back. You were hit by more then one person with more then one type of knockback weapon, on more then one occasion and still were moving around, regaining hearts, and responding to packets. Looking at the server logs doesn't show any network struggles and at this point I am having a really hard time believing this.

Due to the unique circumstances and the complexity of this type of hack, I have granted your wish for an appeal in hopes that if you were hacking, you would learn a lesson, and if you weren't, we could welcome back a valued player to our server.

You have been pardoned.

- Crafty

or Sign Up to reply!