Post a Reply

Structures Protection

1. 7 years ago

@Blackfish So you think grief protection at spawn using plugins huh?

I can set up an easy spawn protection system. (Crafty might do something different) This might have a few code mistakes as I haven't done commands in a long time.

This command should be active at all times:
    /gamemode @a[r=200,team=Spawnpoint] 2

So should this one:
    /execute @a[r=200,team!=Admin] ~ ~ ~ /scoreboard teams join Spawnpoint

Now everyone but admins wherever these are placed are put on team Spawnpoint, which is in adventure mode.

Change the color of the name (grey) with this:
    /scoreboard teams option Spawnpoint color gray

2. Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

@_Confederacy_ I can set up an easy spawn protection system. (Crafty might do something different) This might have a few code mistakes as I haven't done commands in a long time.

This command should be active at all times:
    /gamemode @a[r=200,team=Spawnpoint] 2

So should this one:
    /execute @a[r=200,team!=Admin] ~ ~ ~ /scoreboard teams join Spawnpoint

Now everyone but admins wherever these are placed are put on team Spawnpoint, which is in adventure mode.

Change the color of the name (grey) with this:
    /scoreboard teams option Spawnpoint color gray

This way would not work at all with the system I have setup, however, I can place square, round or any shape imaginable, protection for all, all but staff or a few players or just one player, I can have protection in any dimension, I can protect an area from just griefing and/or pvp. The limitations are, players can still interact with blocks, access chests, push buttons and use glitches to send flying machines into the area. As far as protecting something like an end grinder, it would be easy. The issue is that players might complain that I'm picking and choosing who to protect. Someone makes a build and asks for it to be protected, but I say no to it, we get the argument that "why does johnny get his shit protected and not me".

So technical limitations are non-existent, the issue is how do we implement it so that it's fair for everyone.

3. @TheForgotten20 @CovertRaw its easy with world edit just box in the whole thing do set air and voila

Then we can spend hours setting up dozens of little protection boxes and then adding specific friends to them etc.