Bobzombie2's and Slimo2's Ban Appeals

1. 7 years ago

My younger brother is Slimo2, so I will be filling out a ban appeal for both of us in order of the times we received our bans.

Slimo2
    In Game Name : Slimo2
    Reason for Ban : Chat Spam/Caps
    Reason for Being Unbanned : Slimo and I are not spammers and we hate them just as much as anyone else would. Slimo said about 5 messages, starting with "Welcome to your dooooom!" as a joke when a new player joined. He was kicked right there without any warning by what I would assume was an spam detector. Obviously, he rejoined, because his being kicked was completely unwarranted. This Join-Rejoin combined with the fact that he was jokingly acting like a noob resulted in him being banned. In the Moderator's defense he was acting immature, but I feel that a ban for saying about 5 things is far too much. In the end, he feels very sorry for whatever grievances he was causing.

Bobzombie2 (Me)
    In Game Name : Bobzombie2
    Reason for Ban : Disrespecting Staff/Causing Drama
    Reason for Being Unbanned : In a stand-alone case, I would certainly deserve maybe a 2-Day Ban, but my actions were absolutely understandable. When I joined the server, I wanted to build a base, raid others, and overall have a good time with Slimo. After lots of frustration and about a week of work I set up camp faraway from spawn under an ocean. So, by now I was very invested in your server and was looking forward to a lot of fun to be had in the future. Introductions aside, now I will detail the reasoning behind my actions.
    Obviously, when someone watches their friend being banned permanently for little to no reason, they are going to be quite infuriated. I kept calm at first and asked the Mod who banned my friend politely to unban him, as the ban was clearly undeserved. I receive the highly annoying and painful reply of "Go to the forums and fill out a ban appeal.". In other words, I was basically told to go to go to a strange website, create an account, and say the same exact thing I was saying in the chat. And, to make it all the better, I would have to surrender my email to the entity I was already being frustrated with. A.K.A. I get ridiculous ads spamming my inbox for things I did not want in the first place. So, the rant began. As a result of my frustration with the Mod and all of CraftyMynes' banning systems, I myself was banned.

After this appeal, can it just be said that the incident that occurred with me and Slimo was a general misunderstanding. We both love the server and its community. We want to be a part of it and invest time into the server, overall enriching the experience for others. This mess should have been avoided, but at least we can apologize. I hope this is read soon enough and we can put this behind us.

2. Edited 7 years ago by Venetorem

Ello, i'm the mod that banned you

alright. before i even reply to your appeals, you both have to make your own, individual appeals, like i told you in game. That means Slimo2 needs to make his own.

for now, i will respond to your appeal Bobzombie2

I receive the highly annoying and painful reply of "Go to the forums and fill out a ban appeal."

This is how the server operates. bans are not dealt with in game, and never will.

I would have to surrender my email to the entity I was already being frustrated with. A.K.A. I get ridiculous ads spamming my inbox for things I did not want in the first place.

not necessarily. By default, the only email you will receive is the confirmation email. the only emails you get from us are when you're mentioned in a post, and that's an option. We do not advertise because we do not need to

I banned you because you would not follow instruction, drop the subject that you were told multiples times to drop, and bad mouthed not only me, but the forums and CraftyMynes as a whole.

Your frustration was noted, but it does not excuse behavior

I would certainly deserve maybe a 2-Day Ban

And i would agree, so that is what you will receive. You will be unbaned 48 hrs from when you posted your appeal

~Ven

3. Bobzombie2 you've been unbanned.

Nysic

or Sign Up to reply!