Derndeff's Ban Appeal

1. 7 years ago

In Game Name: Derndeff

Reason for your ban: "planet minecraft"

Why should you be unbanned:

So I popped onto the server today, and as usual, I began my login with a sarcastic joke. I like to have fun, and today I accomplished this by coming on, noticing some names of friends and stating "hello i am from planet minecraft and im here to review the server."
    If you hadn't known me on the server, you would have noticed that I was a recurring player since after I joined, my name was not pink, I did not have to go through and accept rules, I was not welcomed into CraftyMynes as a new player. I would have *thought* that this was enough to be obvious that of course I am not from planet minecraft to review this server, and it was. Some guy gave me an lol (mikey[some numbers]), he knew it was a joke, and I didn't even know him.

But then he begins to start saying the same thing. Except this time, he steps it up a notch. He begins saying "im here from planetminecraft and i need to be a mod for reviewing" or something of the same, all lowercase, troll speak. I followed this up with an "xD" because we both knew that it was just a harmless joke that no one would be offended by or should take seriously. By this point, a mod notices and actually joins in with some sarcastic statements like "This guy is from Planet Minecraft, we need to make him a mod" and "Looks like we're going to get a new mod." All is well, the mod seems to be playing along with our joke, and we're getting no serious remarks to stop what we are doing, no signs that anyone is actually taking us seriously.

So by now it appears everyone's into our little game, no one is offended, no one is asking us to stop, we're just having fun. This other guy, mikey[some numbers], has stepped up the game "asking" to be a mod with no retaliation and no seriousness drawn to him. Then I innocently say "actually im craftymyners alt and i deserve to be owner rank" knowing that no one can possibly take us seriously at this point. My remark goes unnoticed as the attention is still drawn to mikey, and he repeats something similar to what I said along the lines of "yes im also another account of craftymyner, make me owner"

I'm still saying "lol" to every little remark, but it appears mikey wasn't doing this. Either way, we both seem to be getting some laughs off by other users, the server appears to be having fun.

I think Nysic then joined the game, and I knew that he had seen me before (I had talked to him before) so I tell him the same stuff we've been telling the others. I believe during this event, I got a private message from a VIP user saying "Don't joke about that. :P" to which I promptly replied "Okay, I'll stop now." (This guy can back me up that I was joking)

Then I never said a single word about "planet minecraft" or "mod rank" or "craftymyner's alt" because someone had asked me to stop.

So now Nysic speaks up with even more sarcastic remarks like "So you're from planet minecraft?" and I'm not sure if he or someone else said this, but someone said "Let's give him his mod rank"
    Mikey was then thrown in jail.

By this point, I don't even know what to think. I'm thinking that maybe Mikey was legitimately from planet minecraft, but that wouldn't make any sense since he follow my joke about "CraftyMyner's alt"
    Then I think, okay, maybe Nysic is just throwing him in jail to get killed a few times as punishment before taking him back out and telling him to not joke about it... but that doesn't seem right, because once you're in jail, you're usually gone for good.
    So I settle on Mikey legit being from planet minecraft, and go about my business.

About 30 secs (?) later, I too was thrown in jail, died, so I left the server. I thought about it for a second, how Nysic and someone there HAS to know I'm not new, so it must just be a punishment. I rejoin and quickly state "You guys deserve my head" because I realized (without any words from Nysic or the mods' mouths, only the the helpful VIP player) that I had crossed the line. (plus, maybe someone woul like to have my head lol)

I died a few times thinking I had deserved my punishment, and was banned.

I don't know if you want to take this as a "sarcasm on the internet" excuse, but I promise you that if I had thought I was being malicious in any way, I would have (and did) stop. The problem here is that (bring up the chat records) no mod or admin was telling Mikey or me to stop. They either believed we were being serious (how, I don't really know) or they were being sarcastic *with* us, going with the joke. I believed the latter because of my fun-loving spirit (it's a game, we play to have fun), and it resulted in my ban.

I hope when you read this you understand the drawn-out (3 min?) misunderstanding, and that you unban me whenever you feel necessary. This is the best Minecraft server, in my opinion (while not perfect), and I have been enjoying it thoroughly. Sure, the enforcement of the rules can be a little robotic in style, but I please ask that if I ever cause trouble in the future with my sarcasm that you deal with me in a non-sarcastic way. This way, I know when a joke is no longer a joke, and I can adjust accordingly to make everyone happy.

Thank you very much for your time (this is a long post, lol)

-Derndeff

2. Deleted 7 years ago by Nysic
  3. G'day Derndeff, I was the staff memeber who banned you. The server has a very specific rule in regards to dealing with people who claim to be from planet minecraft. Yes, all staff have seen or heard about people claiming to review the server and requiring OP or owner rank in order to do this. This is also stated very clearly in our rules

- Planet Minecraft - Do not come on the server saying you’re from Planet Minecraft and you’re here to review the server. Whatever happens to you is justified.

[13:10:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Derndeff§r> hello im from planetminecraft and im here to review the server - 1st time you said it
    [13:10:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <mikey123457> lol
    [13:11:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <mikey123457> hello im from planet minecraft, give me mod ranks so i can review the server
    [13:12:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Derndeff> lol
    [13:12:16] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§3MagnaOpera§r> We are always so grateful to have a PM review

The logs I have for the first part line up correctly with your story.

[13:12:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] * mikey123457 still waiting on mod ranks
    [13:12:39] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> what?
    [13:12:55] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] * mikey123457 is gonna give a bad review
    [13:12:56] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§3MagnaOpera§r> Cactus, mikey123457 Is legit from planet minecraft he was to be OP for review give him the tour
    [13:12:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Derndeff> He's from planetminecraft, and so am I, and we're here to review the server - 2nd time.
    [13:13:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9CactusOwnage§r> soo mikey123457
    [13:13:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9CactusOwnage§r> you are from plant minecraft?

This is Cactus confirming that you both stated that you are from planet minecraft so you are effectively moments away from him banning you, as is his job to do so.

[13:13:11] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <mikey123457> yes
    [13:13:18] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <mikey123457> i am
    [13:13:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§3MagnaOpera§r> Welocme our new Mod - Not a staff member
    [13:13:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> why didnt you tell me?
    [13:13:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9CactusOwnage§r> aight cool

Id like to point out at this point that at no point has a staff member even jokingly said that you would get mod rank etc to review the server.

[13:13:29] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <mikey123457> thank you thank you
    [13:13:34] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Derndeff> lelel
    [13:13:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§2NutjobBob§r> we love you guys here!
    [13:13:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9CactusOwnage§r> you want to make a review of the server?
    [13:13:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7bleachify§r> <3333
    [13:13:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7bleachify§r> love you guys
    [13:13:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <mikey123457> yes well i will give an amazing review

Everything up to right now could have been over looked on a very genuine appeal, like you have made but here is where you messed up big time.

[13:14:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Derndeff> i am an alt of CraftyMyner, so I deserve owner rank thx

Impersonating a staff member is a banable offence, impersonating the owner, again as I stated in mikey123457's ban appeal is considered a threat to the server.

[13:14:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <mikey123457> that would be great
    [13:14:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7MagnaOpera§r> Quick give him OP we need a new mod
    [13:14:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <mikey123457> this is CraftyMyners 2nd acoount please give owner rank thx
    [13:14:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <mikey123457> the 1st one got hacked
    [13:14:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9CactusOwnage§r> Np man
    [13:14:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Derndeff> same here, thxt hx

This is when Cactus was starting to type in your ban message, Then I make an appearance.

[13:14:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] §4Nysic§r joined the game
    [13:14:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9CactusOwnage§r> Hold on a sec
    [13:15:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§4Nysic§r> Heard we had a visitor
    [13:15:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Derndeff> hello Nysic, we're from planetminecraft, and we're here to review the server -3rd time you said it.

Even as a joke this statement on this server is an automatic jail / ban sentence.

I think Nysic then joined the game, and I knew that he had seen me before (I had talked to him before) so I tell him the same stuff we've been telling the others. I believe during this event, I got a private message from a VIP user saying "Don't joke about that. :P" to which I promptly replied "Okay, I'll stop now." (This guy can back me up that I was joking)

Then I never said a single word about "planet minecraft" or "mod rank" or "craftymyner's alt" because someone had asked me to stop.

So now Nysic speaks up with even more sarcastic remarks like "So you're from planet minecraft?" and I'm not sure if he or someone else said this, but someone said "Let's give him his mod rank"
    Mikey was then thrown in jail.

At no point did I ask you if you were from planet minecraft, in fact I only said 3 things from the time I joined the server to the time I jailed both of you. They were, "Heard we had a visitor" "oh really?" and "1x owner Rank coming up". At no point was I joking with you I was simply letting you dig your own grave deep enough that I could chuck you in jail and ban you, for which I didnt have to wait long.

I vaguely recall having dealings with you now thinking about it, I think out interaction was brief, however this by no means gives you a free pass to claim such things and get away with it.

[13:15:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9CactusOwnage§r> i think Nysic will be able to help you out further!
    [13:15:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <mithraculus> impersonating crafty eh
    [13:15:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <mikey123457> Nysic im the new owner of the server

This player is now permentantly banned just based on this statement alone.

[13:15:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§4Nysic§r> oh really?
    [13:15:24] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <mikey123457> yes
    [13:15:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Derndeff> xD
    [13:15:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <mikey123457> please give owner rank
    [13:15:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Derndeff> I too am reviewing on behalf of planet mc -4th time you mention it.

[13:15:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§4Nysic§r> 1x owner Rank coming up
    [13:15:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <mikey123457> please no ban i will give bad review
    [13:16:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Uh-Oh! §0mikey123457§r Has been very naughty, sending them to jail.
    [13:16:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9CactusOwnage§r> 1 owner rank for you my man!
    [13:16:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§4Nysic§r> damn wrong button
    [13:16:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Uh-Oh! §0Derndeff§r Has been very naughty, sending them to jail.
    [13:16:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§0mikey123457§r> joke

Way too late to claim it was a joke.

I don't know if you want to take this as a "sarcasm on the internet" excuse, but I promise you that if I had thought I was being malicious in any way, I would have (and did) stop. The problem here is that (bring up the chat records) no mod or admin was telling Mikey or me to stop. They either believed we were being serious (how, I don't really know) or they were being sarcastic *with* us, going with the joke. I believed the latter because of my fun-loving spirit (it's a game, we play to have fun), and it resulted in my ban.

At no point do I consider any of your above actions a joke, no matter which light you try to paint it in. Claiming you were from planet minecraft as I said could have been overlooked but claming to be the owner can not. No mod or admin will ever tell you not to claim you are from planet minecraft, if players want to do that fine but no staff member will. Instead they will just outright ban you or jail you first. The reason for that as I said is that people watch the video about people claiming to be from PMC, then using OP status to destroy the server and think they'll try it out here to see what happens.

For claiming to be the owner and from Planet minecraft to obtain OP status on the server, your account will remain banned. You may return to the server with another account however, if you break our rules in such a way again you will be IP-banned from the server.

Nysic

4. G'day Derndeff, upon reviewing your ban and your personal apologies to both myself and CraftyMyner, the administrative staff have agreed to overturn your ban from permanent to 1 week.

I hope take this second chance and not squander it on something so stupid again. See you in a week.

Nysic

5. You have been pardoned, welcome back.

Nysic

or Sign Up to reply!