Soviets thoughts: Peace.

1. 8 years ago

So this is going to be a faux philosophical peace that really has nothing to do with MineCraft or the server. It's just my sort of perspective and thoughts on random things.

So what is peace? It's often described as a freedom from disturbances or as quietness or as tranquility. When many people picture world peace they imagine a world with no wars, good people and brotherly love, however it isn't just good people that contribute to peace. In fact every person on the planet is contributing to a more peaceful earth, and it doesn't matter if they are "Good" or "Evil."

So lets define some terms. Good and Evil are subjective terms, meaning no two people believe in the exact same definition of Good and Evil. To simply this Good will be defined as altruistic behavior ( Empathy, Diplomacy, and non violent behavior) While evil will be defined as sociopathic behavior ( Unfeeling, warmongering, and volatile behavior.)

Now it's easy to see how the "Good" people contribute to peace, by seeking solutions by non violent means and by understanding the struggles of other humans allowing them to come together and accomplish incredible feats that no one person could do. But what about the other side, how do evil people contribute to peace? Evil people don't value human life, and thus they are willing to dispose of it at will, and will engage anyone they don't like with hostility. This means that Evil people tend to contribute to deaths of humanity, which in itself is a kind of peace. If evil where to prevail and all life on the planet was to be lost, there would be no more suffering, no more wars, no more hunger, because everyone would already be dead.

Evil and good people both contribute to peace, however they are very different types of peace. One world is a place where humans live in planet wide joy and brother hood, the other is a empty planetary grave yard where the emptiness is amplified by solemn silence.

Ok, little bit done. Tell me what you guys think, and if you want leave me another topic to tackle :)

2. If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound? Similarly, is peace peace if nobody is around to experience it? It isn't, really; you can argue—correctly!—that it's technically peace, but to equate it with hippie-style peace is just ridiculous.

3. I explain how both types of peace are different and I am using my own specific definition of peace.

4. I like how you discuss peace, looking at both sides "good" and "evil". And IMO theyre equally valid. So its up to your own volition to align which side you are.

5. @_Drachenzorn_ Thanks man

or Sign Up to reply!