Furwop's Ban Appeal

1. 7 years ago

Furwop's Ban Appeal

IGN- Furwop

Reason for ban - "Ignoring staff instructions"

Why I should be unbanned - So someone was talking about politics, I dont really remember not to sure and one of the mods said drop it so it was over. A few minutes later I asked about what words I can and cannot use as some words in some communities are considered curse words or swearing while others are highly offensive, I'm sure you guys know what I mean by this. I just wanted to clarify. After a little bit of discussion Venetorem said drop it and threatened me with a ban so I said, sorry it was an honest question. He threatened to ban me and he said I was told to drop it multiple times but I wasn't told to once if I recall. I said that I was never told to drop it but I was still sorry and I was instantly banned. I should be unbanned because I think this was an honest mistake and I am sorry for my asking for clarity and whatever rudeness I unwillingly gave to Venetorem. I was even apologizing in game but was still banned. I am sorry for my actions, I enjoy playing here, have a good day.

2. Ello, i'm the mod that banned you

The instructions you ignored were to stop talking about what the rules were and debating them

Practice good chat etiquette - Don’t use caps, don’t spam, don’t discuss controversial, sensitive or offensive topics (e.g. sex, sexual identity or preferences, race, politics, religion, drugs, etc.), no advertising, no links, no trolling. Please only use the minecraft font and English in global chat. Also part of chat etiquette is having an appropriately named character since your name appears on the player list and in chat. If your name is inappropriate you will be asked to change it. You will likely be banned until you do.

Listen to staff members - Enough said! People will always find ways around the rules, staff reserve the right to make changes to the rules to cover these holes in order to keep the server a safe friendly place.

[13:41:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Upbeat5> not in trumps case
         (referencing a wall)
    [13:41:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§62Chill§r> none of that upbeat
    [13:42:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> no politics
    [13:42:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Upbeat5> he he
    [13:42:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Upbeat5 fell from a high place
    [13:42:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Upbeat5 left the game
    [13:42:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§62Chill§r> lmao
    [13:42:14] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Upbeat5 joined the game
    [13:42:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> instant karma
    [13:42:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§62Chill§r> ^
    [13:42:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Upbeat5> political talk realy
    [13:42:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Upbeat5> that kicks you
    [13:42:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> it is in the rules
    [13:42:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Dannysharks§r> have you read the rules?
    [13:43:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <AlienArtifact56> It's in the rules, just go with the flow.
    [13:43:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Upbeat5> its like an over protective mother
    [13:43:16] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> tough shit, you agreed to them
    [13:43:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Upbeat5> swearing
    [13:43:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Furwop> Agreed Upbeat

This is where you first started witht he rules, at the begining o th other player's debate, not a few minutes later like you said

A few minutes later

[13:43:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> swearing is allowed i moderation
    [13:43:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Dannysharks§r> swearing is okay in moderation
    [13:43:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> rules?
    [13:43:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Take a look at the server's Rules and FAQ [HERE]
    [13:43:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§62Chill§r> Well to be fair its in the rules , then after warned you laughed at it , like it was a joke .
    [13:43:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7KeblersInferno§r> swearing is aloud lol
    [13:44:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Upbeat5> swearing yes politacal talk and caps no
    [13:44:39] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> if you wanna debate the rules, move it to the forums

now then, when someone is told not to do something, in this case, it's not to debate the rules, that also goes for evryone on the server, not jut th named player

[13:44:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Dannysharks§r> chat is not the place for it
    [13:44:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Dannysharks§r> forums?
    [13:44:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Click Here] to check out our forum! 
    [13:44:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] tekentosina left the game
    [13:44:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> forums?
    [13:44:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Click Here] to check out our 
    [13:45:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Upbeat5> chat is a place to chat let people talk
    [13:45:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> and follow the rules
    [13:45:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§71GameDude§r> rules?
    [13:45:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Take a look at the server's Rules and FAQ [HERE]
    [13:45:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Upbeat5> the rules where made by an ape
    [13:45:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Dannysharks§r> We are not habing this talk here
    [13:45:39] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> drop the topic
    [13:45:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Dannysharks§r> take it to the forums or hush
    [13:45:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§62Chill§r> Drop it and move to the forums if you like ty .

Oh look, three diferent staf members saying not to talk about the subject. Yes, it wasnt directed dirctly at you, but by now you should have igured out not to debate the rules

[13:46:15] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Furwop> yea, we get it, take it to the forums. You all dont need to spam the chat w it.
    [13:46:23] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Upbeat5> you guys are like teachers. anyway forums dont listen
    [13:46:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Upbeat5 left the game
    [13:46:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Upbeat5 joined the game
    [13:46:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> if you continue debating this, i will ban you
    [13:47:14] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Furwop> what words are and arent allowed

And this is when you actually begin testing us, note the other player is still debating with us

[13:47:18] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Dannysharks§r> rules?
    [13:47:19] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Take a look at the server's Rules and FAQ [HERE]
    [13:47:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Dannysharks§r> just read the rules, you can get them from there really
    [13:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> go rad them for yourself
    [13:47:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Furwop> That isnt specific enough thats why I'm asking
    [13:49:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Furwop> is a word like fag allowed
    [13:50:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Dannysharks§r> no
    [13:50:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9Venetorem§r> noo
    [13:50:15] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Furwop> well I mean most people consider it a swear word
    [13:50:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Furwop> nothing more
    [13:50:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <AlienArtifact56> Slurs are not allowed.
    [13:50:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§fVenetorem§r> it's a slur
    [13:50:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Furwop> yall are so damn pc
    [13:50:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Dannysharks§r> slurs, rascist words, anything with a sexual meaning, etc

Right here, Danny basically spells it out for you

[13:51:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Furwop> hey thats hate speech
    [13:51:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Furwop> now thats against the rules

At this point, you're testing our patience by throwing a little tantrum and trying to nitpick the rules

[13:51:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Upbeat5§r> swearing is hate speach
    [13:51:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <AlienArtifact56> No, swearing is allowed in moderate, right?
    [13:51:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Upbeat5§r> so why can you swear
    [13:51:59] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Furwop> I do now stop
    [13:52:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Dannysharks§r> We said to drop it remember?
    [13:52:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Furwop> when someone says stop you stop
    [13:52:11] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Upbeat5§r> ok now your just hating on me
    [13:52:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Furwop> its in the rules
    [13:52:19] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] §7Upbeat5§r left the game
    [13:52:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§fVenetorem§r> and you Furwop, drop it now, or get banned

At this point, the other player was banned for not dropping the topic, and look who was right there with him gtting straight up. Do not talk about this

[13:52:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§fVenetorem§r> and you Furwop, drop it now, or get banned
    [13:53:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Furwop§r> woah, it was an honest question, jeez, I apologize
    [13:53:19] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Venetorem§r> after we've had to say to drop it ultiple times
    [13:53:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Dannysharks§r> Lets just all move onto another subject
    [13:53:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Dannysharks§r> How is everyones day so far?

Here you can see Danny trying to change the subject...

[13:53:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Furwop§r> I wasnt a part of the conversation, nobody told me to drop anything. I started a new one.
    [13:54:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§fVenetorem§r> when someone is told not to talk about something, you dont get to pick it back up
    [13:54:13] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§fVenetorem§r> this discussion is over

Only for you to bring it right back. And btw, that's your second warning to drop it

I wasn't told to once if I recall

Hmm... this dosnt exactly add up. I count 2 warnings dirctly pointed at you saying not to debate the rules
    4 other times saying not to debate the rules
    The link to the rules page was given to you 3 times as well

[13:54:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Furwop> I didnt.
    [13:54:34] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Furwop> I asked a question about something totally different
    [13:54:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Dannysharks§r> Guys shhh and talk about something else
    [13:54:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <§7Dannysharks§r> So how about dem sports?

And here's Danny, trying again to change the topic...

[13:54:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Furwop> Well, I'm being threatened w a ban for no reason

But no, you just had to keep talking

an honest mistake

But seeing as this is your first ban, i will set it at Aug 23, 15:00 UTC-05:00 (roughly 24hrs), give or take depending on staff's schedules

Do take this time to re-read the rules thoroughly

3. You have been pardoned.

Nysic

or Sign Up to reply!