Post a Reply
  1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by r4iscool1

Well actually I was thinking this myself recently.
    However you are correct that there is some technical hurdles to come over.

IIRC the legacy map was about 70GB which is more space than most players have and can run on their internet connection.
    Which rules out the large majority however even sharing it between a couple of players would take days.
    The best way I can think to do this, if it's decided we would do this, is via a torrent to share the load.
    I could put it on my 1GBPs server too to help ease the load a lot and provide 24/7 seeding.

Of course the command blocks and other sensitive things would need to removed but it would be great to see the old base and the ruins of 1.8 such as Pancakia
    I also had a little idea for a project of mapping the whole 1.8 in journeymap.

2. It takes a lot of effort/time to remove all the parts of the world that I wouldn't want downloaded. For the servers next birthday, I might do something like host it for a few days or something.

3. If you fly around looking at bases, then it is basically a free raiding tool. Fly around for a few hours, and there you go.. all the diamonds you could ever want.

4. But the server is no longer active... How is that a free raiding tool?

5. @_Haxington_ But the server is no longer active... How is that a free raiding tool?

Oh haha... I'm such an idiot. Thought you were talking about 1.9+
    You have all now seen my true intelligence.