Edited 7 years ago by Valgys

@ghostassasin81 I played the snapshot yesterday all I can say is WOW like 1.11 is going to be worth the wait

I tried the snapshot yesterday for a couple hours to fiddle with redstone ideas. Pretty excited about the opportunities.

1. I was able to make a revised autosorter using the shulker boxes with a feature to store the boxes in a "mass storage warehouse" when they fill up and then automatically dispense a new, empty box to continue collecting. This helps to reduce the footprint of warehouses incredibly - 1 double chest chest holds 54 stacks, or if filled with shulker boxes, 1458 stacks!

2. I made a SMP friendly (I think) compact self-propelled machine vertically and horizontally. The hardest things was making a port to stop them and swap out pistons to reverse direction (which I was able to do, but more as a proof of concept), and then restart the machine - still working on a push-button switch to avoid manually starting and jumping back on. I actually stumbled onto this when trying to make an elevator using the observer blocks.

Some other things I tinkered with using redstone but not far enough to claim it's a potential design.