ThatBernie ban appeal

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by ThatBernie

IGN: ThatBernie

Reason: My IGN was considered politically controversial

Why I should be unbanned: Bernie is my birthname, it's ridiculous that my own name given to me at birth should be considered a bannable offence.

Edit: When you say "there was a discussion about this, in which we decided it needed to be changed" you're basically admitting that I was breaking no existing rules—i.e. you had to make up an entirely new rule on the spot to ban me. That is utterly unfair. Furthermore, I myself was not engaging in any political talk whatsoever, nor did I see any evidence that my IGN was encouraging others to do so themselves—which would not be my fault in any case. So the combination of the fact that I was in fact not breaking any of the rules, plus the fact that my IGN was not causing any disturbance or controversy in the server as far as one can tell, lead me to conclude that this ban is totally unjustified. If I were named Bill and that were incorporated into my IGN would you ban me for sharing the same first name as Bill Clinton? I should hope not, because by that standard you should ban pretty much everyone who incorporates their given name into their IGN.

2. As i stated in game, there was a discussion about this, in which we decided it needed to be changed.

I tried to be discreet and considerate, but that obviously isn't going to work.

You can come back once you have changed your ign

3. After careful consideration we have decided to pardon you. However if your name starts controversy in chat you will have to change it. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please enjoy your stay at CraftyMynes, you have been pardoned.

or Sign Up to reply!