New AI Commands!! (Time? and TPS?)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@CraftyMyner No modification to the jar, there is a program that runs the jar file and watches the output (My panel). This program looks for questions (stuff that starts with who/what/when/where/why or ends with "?" a bit more complicated than that) and sends the questions to my service that resolves them and sends back a response in the form of a command to run.

Okay cool! I appreciate the response. I have a lot to digest and test!

3. Can you put "tps?" back?

4. I think its too lag for when it check though

5. @TheSpiderman2013 Do we really need it back? It's easy to tell when the server is lagging, do we gain anything from actually seeing the tick rate? Besides the inevitable chat spam, and potentially more lag from running the command (like Bobcat said).

6. Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

@TheSpiderman2013 Can you put "tps?" back?

I have already given my answer, it's too spammy and it promotes a toxic environment around the already annoying lag issues.

Sample:

Player1: is anyone lagging?
    Player1: tps?
    Server: One sec, let me check on that.
    Server: The current server tps is (something less than 20.0)
    Player1: Why is the server lagging?
    Server: Ask Mojang why their game lag's
    Player2: This server is shit it can't even run 20tps
    Player3: It probably is some sort of shitty potato in owners basement.
    Staff1: server specs?
    Server: i7 6700k @ 4.7ghz, 64gb ram, 500gb ssd, 1gbps
    Player4: There's your problem, you should be using (some $11k 40core xeon cpu running at 2.3ghz)
    Staff2: No, Minecraft is not optimized to take advantage of multiple cores.

"TPS?" doesn't cause any lag, however, it is not very accurate because it only takes a 5-second sample.

7. @CraftyMyner I have already given my answer, it's too spammy and it promotes a toxic environment around the already annoying lag issues.

Staff1: server specs?
    Server: i7 6700k @ 4.7ghz, 64gb ram, 500gb ssd, 1gbps
    Player4: There's your problem, you should be using (some $11k 40core xeon cpu running at 2.3ghz)
    Staff2: No, Minecraft is not optimized to take advantage of multiple cores.

I have a question about this, how many players could the server run without lag, if we used plugins?

8. Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

@Jordi223b I have a question about this, how many players could the server run without lag, if we used plugins?

300+, there are servers like ours that have run 500+ on one server.

9. Gnute57

29 Jan 2017 Suspended

@CraftyMyner After a lot of work restructuring the panel to be able to reliably get a response to a command it runs, I was able to throw together two new commands for the ServerAI.

Time? (or asking "what time it is/is it daytime" etc... )

This will let you know the time of day in game as well as a more easy to read string like "Day" or "Night", great for when you are mining.

TPS? (Ticks Per Second)

This command will take a sample of how fast the server is running compared to what it should be. (20.0tps) It will show the tps along with a color representing how much load the server is under.

Why it took so long

At first glance it looked like an easy thing to do, but as soon as I started, it was very clear it wasn't. It's easy to run a command and forget about the result, but keeping track of the output is much more difficult. You need to know whether or not it succeeded, then get the results back to the place that called on the command without stopping the whole program, all with the knowledge that it could fail at anytime, not respond, give something completely different or even come out of order.

-image-

how does the tick speed system work?

10. @Gnute57 how does the tick speed system work?

It counts how many ticks go by in 5 seconds and then compares it to what it should be.

or Sign Up to reply!