Post a Reply

The future of Spawn Eggs

1. 7 years ago

@CraftyMyner, I guess my major source of distress are my builds, which are only on this server. If there were a way for me to pay for you to save the chunks that include my base, so that I can insert them into my single player world, I would be LESS opposed to a reset. Of course I knew from the beginning the finite existence of this map, but for me, I just don't realize how much I'm going to invest, until it is already invested. It would be like watching hours, even days, of my life disappearing in an instant.

@Server Community, On the topic of the economy, I think people are blaming aspects of the server for the state of the economy, and while I will agree, Egg, villagers and TPA have EXPEDITED the current state of the economy, I believe that it is inevitable. People on this server were unbelievable wealthy, long before craftycrates or villagers were implemented. I mean a matter of days, and people were beyond rich with resources. I agree that a certain point it is more fun to reset the server and begin again, but I believe making the "economy" the major reason for the reset, is naive.

TL;DR - Inflated economy should not be the reason for the inevitable reset.

2. @Yelloms @CraftyMyner, I guess my major source of distress are my builds, which are only on this server. If there were a way for me to pay for you to save the chunks that include my base, so that I can insert them into my single player world, I would be LESS opposed to a reset. Of course I knew from the beginning the finite existence of this map, but for me, I just don't realize how much I'm going to invest, until it is already invested. It would be like watching hours, even days, of my life disappearing in an instant.

@Server Community, On the topic of the economy, I think people are blaming aspects of the server for the state of the economy, and while I will agree, Egg, villagers and TPA have EXPEDITED the current state of the economy, I believe that it is inevitable. People on this server were unbelievable wealthy, long before craftycrates or villagers were implemented. I mean a matter of days, and people were beyond rich with resources. I agree that a certain point it is more fun to reset the server and begin again, but I believe making the "economy" the major reason for the reset, is naive.

TL;DR - Inflated economy should not be the reason for the inevitable reset.

Agree 100%

3. @Yelloms @CraftyMyner, I guess my major source of distress are my builds, which are only on this server. If there were a way for me to pay for you to save the chunks that include my base, so that I can insert them into my single player world, I would be LESS opposed to a reset. Of course I knew from the beginning the finite existence of this map, but for me, I just don't realize how much I'm going to invest, until it is already invested. It would be like watching hours, even days, of my life disappearing in an instant.

I remember I was like this when 1.8 reset. I strongly opposed the reset then and even suggest moving the chunk of my build to the new map. But when 1.9 was released I started again, even improve 2 or 3x my builds. I want to believe Im a pretty decent builder myself, at this point I would love to see everyone in equal footing with a reset. Even sacrificing what I already have which is quite huge IMO. See my base: