New serverplz Command

1. 7 years ago

I have an idea for a new serverplz command. (ex. joke?; kd?) A system where the server gives programmed hints about surviving in the world such as: Buildings within 1k of spawn are subject to removal; enderchests are a good place to store valuables you don't want to be stolen. This is my proposition. Comment if you agree!

2. Meh more commands equal lag and that one is common sense

3. @GrinningBobcat Meh more commands equal lag and that one is common sense

ServerAI commands don't cause any lag, they are all on a different core and only use when you ask a question.

4. They are not command blocks.

5. Might call it "Hint?" "Tips?" and I might also add some more questions to the AI as well.

6. @CraftyMyner ServerAI commands don't cause any lag, they are all on a different core and only use when you ask a question.

oh alright then great

7. Regarding gameplay hints and tips I'd find it rather entertaining if when someone asks "How do you craft......?" the server could tell them to go look on the wiki.
    Maybe that's just me though.

I do think a hints and tips prompt is a great idea though.

8. @NutjobBob Regarding gameplay hints and tips I'd find it rather entertaining if when someone asks "How do you craft......?" the server could tell them to go look on the wiki.
    Maybe that's just me though.

I do think a hints and tips prompt is a great idea though.

A 'How do you craft X?' would be functionable but, would you want chat more spammy as a result?

9. More spammy than 3 different people responding with "Check the wiki!" or "Google it" or actually typing in the recipe? That's what I typically see in response to "How do you craft X?" I kinda suggested it because I thought it might reduce the spam you get from multiple people responding at once to this sort of thing.
    Honestly it's probably rather unnecessary, it would at least amuse me though.

10. Deleted 4 years ago by jxo_
  11. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

Example:
    Player 1: Ticks?
    Player 2: Wat is tick?
    Player 3: ticks
    Player 3: ticks?
    Player 2: ticks?
    Player 4: Serverplz ticks?
    Server: Can Not Compute...
    Player 4: ticks?
    Player 5: ticks?
    Player 6: ticks?
    Player 7: ticks?
    Player 8: ticks?
    Staff: Stop the spam please
    Player 9: ticks?
    Player 9 left the game

12. @_Haxington_ Example:
    Player 9 left the game

Hahaha so true.

13. @JustJams @CraftyMyner has already said no to a wiki command in the past I believe, Due to it having the potential to be quite spammy.

That was for a command that would look it up for you and return the link to the wiki page. All I suggested was for the server to tell you bugger off and look it up for yourself, which tends to be the response you get from players anyway, but unnecessarily repeated because people type at the same time and don't look at chat before they hit enter.

14. @_Haxington_ Example:
    Player 9 left the game

It's even worse when it a long response like joke? cos the chat just ahaha

15. Deleted 4 years ago by jxo_
  16. I'm probably being a complete doofus and posting in wrong place, but if there was a "moon?" command that'd be awesome! (If it told what phase moon was on, stuff like that)

17. @GoofyGuy12 I'm probably being a complete doofus and posting in wrong place, but if there was a "moon?" command that'd be awesome! (If it told what phase moon was on, stuff like that)

Is that even possible?

18. @GoofyGuy12 I'm probably being a complete doofus and posting in wrong place, but if there was a "moon?" command that'd be awesome! (If it told what phase moon was on, stuff like that)

There is a time command, I'm not sure there is any stat for the moon phase anywhere, or at least I haven't put much effort into checking.

19. Tips? Is a good idea.

20. Blesian

18 Jan 2017 Suspended

Tps?

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!