1. 8 years ago

Since this is the only place I am even going to get 10 seconds to plead my case... I just got banned because an admin yesterday doesn't have a grasp of the English or Russian language for that matter. I simply asked another player (username i forget) if his base had a "gulag". The reason I used that word is because the aforementioned player was making references to the "Red Army". Believe it or not, there used to be this place called Russia, and they had a nickname for their army... And sometimes those same Red Army men put people in jails called "gulags". But just to take this a step further please read this copied and pasted definition from the Oxford English dictionary of the word "gulag" below...

Gu·lag
    ˈɡo͞oläɡ/
    noun
    a system of labor camps maintained in the former Soviet Union from 1930 to 1955 in which many people died.
    a camp in the Gulag system, or any political labor camp.
    noun: gulag; plural noun: gulags

Now I ask any of the people in charge of this server to go back through the chat log of what I said, and explain to me why I got kicked for using that word? I wasn't insulting anyone, and i certainly wasn't breaking any of the posted server rules. Even that player (username i forgot) I was talking to said that the word just means "jail". I can't help it if some of the administrators on this server don't understand English. All I was trying to do is make some friends on a server that I am relatively new to playing on by making people laugh, and I was unnecessarily penalized for it.

So that brings me to today, where I was banned for questioning that original bullshit kick to begin with. So sure ban me for arguing with the admins, but you're banning me for the wrong reason. I wouldn't have argued if the admins hadn't gone overboard to begin with. I get that admins have a tough job, but admins also should be fair. Being overzealous with the ban hammer isn't fair. This is a miscarriage of administrator justice. I urge the server admins to really think about why they're banning someone.

I just spent two weeks laying the foundation of a pretty nice base. I'm new to the server and all I wanted to do was let people know I'm a fun person to play MC with. I don't insult people, I play MC clean, I NEVER cheat unlike some other users I could mention, and yes I like to push the envelope of good taste to some extent, but not beyond reason, and definitely not to the point of needing to be kicked or banned.

I'll leave it to the powers that be to un-ban me if they wish, but I refuse to ask forgiveness for referees, and umpires gone mad.

Regards,

jahnj13

2. Edited 8 years ago by r4iscool1

Hi I am the moderator that Banned You.

You were banned for breaking the following two rules.

Practice good chat etiquette - Don’t use caps, don’t spam, don’t discuss controversial, sensitive or offensive topics (e.g. sex, sexual identity or preferences, race, politics, religion, drugs, etc.), no advertising, no trolling, only the minecraft font and please use English only in global chat. Also part of chat etiquette is having an appropriately named character since your name appears on the player list and in chat. If your name is inappropriate you will be asked to change it. You will likely be banned until you do.

And

Listen to staff members - Enough said! People will always find ways around the rules, staff reserve the right to make changes to the rules to cover these holes in order to keep the server a safe friendly place.

In case you are unaware Gulag was a term used to refer to Russian Death camps where Political Prisoners where tortured and killed in the millions.
    This is a topic not appropriate for chat in any context and I warned you about this yesterday when I kicked you.
    However you proceeded to flout my warning today by yet again bringing up the topic and complaining about your kick in chat which is not the appropriate place and as such I banned you.

So as you can see you violated two rules and If you refuse to see what's wrong with your chat and use the proper format then i cannot unban you.

3. Gu·lag
    ˈɡo͞oläɡ/
    noun
    a system of labor camps maintained in the former Soviet Union from 1930 to 1955 in which many people died.
    a camp in the Gulag system, or any political labor camp.
    noun: gulag; plural noun: gulags

Now I ask any of the people in charge of this server to go back through the chat log of what I said, and explain to me why I got kicked for using that word?

Practice good chat etiquette - Don’t use caps, don’t spam,

don’t discuss controversial, sensitive or offensive topics

(e.g. sex, sexual identity or preferences, race, politics, religion, drugs, etc.), no advertising, no trolling, only the minecraft font and please use English only in global chat. Also part of chat etiquette is having an appropriately named character since your name appears on the player list and in chat. If your name is inappropriate you will be asked to change it. You will likely be banned until you do.

Just incase you weren't sure which rules you broke I made it blatantly obvious. I've also put the parts from the definition you copied and pasted in bold.

or Sign Up to reply!