Post a Reply
  1. 6 years ago

I don't see how that changes anything I said, I was just explaining where my viewpoint came from like I asked.
    Where this a controversial issue, yes it would be hard to see where the playerbase stood but I think in this case it would be quite easy to prove beyond reasonable doubt whether or not the majority of the community wants this.

Like I said, it's not comparable, you are hiding in a 4 times smaller space at 50k on such a map, the actual coordinates don't mean anything since they aren't relative really provided they aren't close to spawn, it's the fact they have 4 times less space to search for you that means your rate of encounter will raise by a large factor.
    When you look at the player stats and retention rate of new players I don't think it's reasonable to expect a whole load of players to stay when they get raided, regulars maybe but not the outer playerbase.
    I'm more referencing the arguing and nature of the community becoming less close knit and more faction like with people not interacting with each other and greater player turnover. I don't think this would benefit CM in anyway, I'm here personally these days for the community not watching drama and arguing between players 24/7.

2. Well personally from my watching I've seen it a number of times, players out there tend to be newish to the community, I used to do a lot of successful raiding back then before my staff days too.
    Ultimately though comparisons about how it doesn't happen on a map 4 times the size aren't hugely relevant since people do hunt for raids past 20k without leaks and they do succeed and it becomes quite practical to do so in a 30k map or even a 50k one.