Please add rule to forum site: "No conversing with staff."

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by ThecrazyJJ

Please add rule to forum site: "No conversing with staff. Staff is always right and have no capacity to ever be wrong and therefore asking them simple questions is a crime against humanity and is punishable by death."

...Joined this server, excited by the fact that griefing and raiding is allowed, along with sethomes, etc, when somebody swears in chat. They get a warning from staff members. "Alright", I think, "that's absolutely ridiculous... why turn away the much larger demographic (with much more money) of older people who use swear words." Thus, I contest this issue of mine, and remain entirely polite whilst doing so. In no manner do I break the following rules:

Don’t use excessive or extremely offensive profanity - Cursing is allowed in moderation, but don’t go overboard or get shockingly offensive with it. Staff will warn you if you’re crossing the line. (didn't swear myself even once)

Practice good chat etiquette - Don’t use caps, don’t spam, don’t discuss controversial, sensitive or offensive topics (e.g. sex, sexual identity or preferences, race, politics, religion, drugs, etc.), no advertising, no links, no trolling. Please only use the minecraft font and English in global chat. (none of the above)

A good discussion is had about the topic, in which I implore staff members to explain why the rule exists. Surely staff members should be able to justify the rules in which the server upholds? Why have a rule if there is no basis to them, and further why not even address the notion that the rule could be founded in bad judgement? But no, instead of giving a clear, non-attacking answer, they decide to threaten to ban me for attempting to have a civilized discussion for the benefit of the server. ("if you do not like it you can leave").

Thus, here I am. Having told them all in which I wrote here, I was banned. A crime for which no law exists, yet is still punishable, is not a crime. Staff could perhaps try to bring up this hazy rule;

Please listen to staff members - In order to keep the server safe, staff reserve the right to add, modify and patch rules.

But seeing as I did not endanger the server, and thus did not give the staff any reason to add, modify, or patch rules to keep the server safe, I should not be banned. Additionally, if this rule change is necessary to keep the server safe and running well (which of course is my utmost priority), then please add in to the rule book and link on this site the title of this thread. Thank you and have a wonderful Saturday afternoon.

2. If you don't like the rules then make a suggestions thread about it asking for a change and outlining your reasoning. The forums are the place for that kind of discussion, for numerous reasons, chat certainly is not something the staff involved reminded you of.
    What you don't do, is violate our chat rules and cause arguments in chat. That isn't a civilized discussion that's you trolling and breaking our rules. Which as you discovered leads to a ban.

Now if you have an actual complaint about the rules you can make a thread in the suggestions section and I will happily debate the merits of the no swearing rule with you.

However given your complete disregard for the chat rules you will be unbanned in 72hours from this post, I suggest you take this time to reflect upon the rules. Especially the one that states "listen to staff".
    If you have a problem with the decision of a staff member raise it with them in PM or on the forums.

or Sign Up to reply!