GrandpaCarl00's ingame ban appeal

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by GrandpaCarl00

IGN: GrandpaCarl00

Ban Reason: Failing to report a potential dupe stash

Why should I be unbanned:

Perhaps some background information is required first; While on the entire situation I am hazy with specific details, this whole thing and situation happened early last month-several weeks before today- the day of the reset. One day ingame for whatever reason I was asking @Qfu with how many totems he has left after a pretty epic pvp match with iwarriori- with totems being nearly impossible to get ahold of, it was a valid question to ask, which he had 2 left- shortly after that he dm'ed on discord about the potency of the legitimacy of GoldenCookie's ( a banned player for being caught duping) dupe stash and how he had been offered cords and then asked me if I was interested, which apparently, had stacked totems, beacons, and among other valuables.

I was highly skeptical of its existence, and personally, was not expecting there to be a dupe stash. I talked about this with a very select few players who I knew could trust about this and have personally raise curiosity. I went to the cords provided and there was no dupe stash in the surrounding vicinity, under and above ground- again, the same group of people was made aware of this. Not much more was made out of it afterward and it was only sometime after when it became an issue from logs being shared- Personally, when brought up to me I was heavy, heavily confused at first before I had to think of my actions in the last week after a further discussion, would be told I would be banned the first week of the reset.

~

I gave my list of reasons to Dawn, and in short summary- I wasn't thinking much of it all as a concern at that moment since no dupe stash actually existed since I went to check it out on my own accord ( early in the morning after doing an allnighter), I quite literally forgot/did not concern myself about what to do in a situation where dupe stash is being brought into question since on this server at least, happen once a blue moon. However, over the last month to which I had to think over my actions, despite much being human error on my end, I acknowledge the fact that as an old player I should be constantly aware of what to do in a situation such as that no matter time of the day and I should know better on how to react to a situation such as the more quickly, rather than giving the chance for it to sprout into a more icky situation.

Despite all my known shitposting and memes, logs of the situation or unrelated, and the thing that people don't get to see the more serious and heartfelt side of me often. I truly love this server and it has helped me through some dark times and gave me something to do- I always loved the community here and there's always been a soft spot for craftymynes in my heart and I am very grateful for some of the people here and the fact I came here- I would never intentionally or purposefully harm the server in any shape or form, and over the last month reviewing my mistakes, I would've releaized shortly after the situation and in the case I actually did found items, despite what other things may be seen, I would have definitionally reported the dupe stash for the sake of maintaining economy from true total collapse. Plus, while not related to a dupe, having any form of unlegit items obtained from an exploit, dupe, or whatever- there's no point in keeping it when you guys can track where players have roughly been, inventories, and ender chests- there's no where to hide!

I will defentinally become a better person, and player, if I am unbanned, this sort of situation will never occur again as I am fully aware of how to properly react ( not casually) in a situation like this and will report it to a mod or other staff member- Real dupe stash or not, and in any case scenario will report to staff.

I have been very regretful of my actions and remorseful. I have refreshed myself on the rules again for good measure and will do the true right thing next time- I love this server and would never do anything to intentionally harm it. I have never been banned in the past before and have stayed out of muddy waters until now.

Thank you for reading my appeal.

~ Carl

2. Thank you for the appeal Carl, as we have previously discussed, you lack of action towards this type of situation was extremely concerning at the time and I'm glad you took the time to reflect on your actions, or rather, lack of.

You will be pardoned in 7 days.

or Sign Up to reply!