CiathDrinks's Ban Appeal

1. 6 years ago

In Game Name: CiathDrinks
    Reason for your ban: Well, the server was pretty empty. ~8 or so people, maybe one or two were AFK. I was talking with another layer and our opinions on like, existence and stuff. Eventually, sexuality / preferences was brought up into the conversation and one of the staff - ____Neon, or something close, I can't remember - kicked me.
    I came back, asking what I had done and wanted an explanation. I was told that "Even if it didn't offend you, it may offend other people." And I was banned. Now, what I don't understand is the logic of the situation. Could they have not simply asked me to make the conversion private? Are they not allowed to ask someone that?
    Why should you be unbanned: I think it was very unreasonable of a staff member to rush so quickly to ban someone, when they could simply ask said player to be less public. Plus I love this server, there's no way I'm going to stand for being banned from it.

2. Edited 6 years ago by PapaNeon

Hello, I'm the mod who banned you. You seem to be a bit fuzzy on the exact details of this evening. Lets see if my handy-dandy logs can shed some light on why this played out the way it did, shall we?

[00:02:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <CiathDrinks> A dick?
    [00:02:31] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9PapaNeon§r> don't say that please.
    Warning #1

[00:02:46] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <CiathDrinks> But we're allowed to fucking swear.
    [00:02:55] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9PapaNeon§r> yes, swearing is allowed.
    [00:03:03] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9PapaNeon§r> anything sexual isn't.
    [00:03:18] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <CiathDrinks> If I call someone a dick, that is'nt sexual?
    [00:03:31] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] CiathDrinks left the game
    [00:03:38] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] CiathDrinks joined the game
    [00:03:43] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <CiathDrinks> HAhhahaahhahhAah
    Warning #2 in the form of a kick *which you then laughed at.*

quite a while passes without incident, then someone else says something that isn't allowed, and you decided to go from there.

[00:49:06] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Tank_Missile> that sounds like of gay tbh
    [00:49:18] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Tank_Missile> what, I can't say g a y?
    [00:49:31] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9PapaNeon§r> no, you can't.
    [00:49:37] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <CiathDrinks> Well, I'm Bisexual. But that doesn't count as gay.
    [00:49:45] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Tank_Missile> I guess this server hates the homo-type
    [00:49:51] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Tank_Missile> my type of server
    [00:49:53] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9PapaNeon§r> both of you. stop.
    [00:49:55] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <CiathDrinks> Actually, I'm Heteromantic. Even less so.
    Warning #3, yet another verbal warning.

[00:50:14] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <CiathDrinks> Woah, I'm not making fun of gays though, I'm not harming anyone.
    [00:50:25] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] CiathDrinks left the game
    [00:50:52] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] CiathDrinks joined the game
    [00:50:54] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9PapaNeon§r> I won't tell you again.
    Warning #4, another kick

[00:51:27] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <CiathDrinks> Jesus damn, but how is that not allowed? I myself an female and have a girlfriend, and I'm not saying anything offensive.
    [00:51:51] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Tank_Missile> offensiveness is subjective. what I say is, grow a pair
    [00:52:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9PapaNeon§r> it doesn't matter. Things like that don't belong in the chat.
    [00:52:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <CiathDrinks> Now you're the one being homophobic.
    [00:52:26] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9PapaNeon§r> it's subjective, which is why it isn't allowed. Just because YOU arne't offended, doesn't mean someone else isn't as well.
    [00:52:31] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <§9PapaNeon§r> bye.
    [00:52:37] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] CiathDrinks left the game

So you see, I gave you 4 warnings to stop talking about it, which I think is quite the opposite of your " I think it was very unreasonable of a staff member to rush so quickly to ban someone, when they could simply ask said player to be less public" scenario stated above, and you chose to call me homophobic, instead of just abiding by the chat rules.

You'll be unbanned in 24 hours from this reply. Take this time to read through the rules so you have a better understanding on what you can and can't say.

or Sign Up to reply!