ALPHAVILLE_ADMIN's Staff Application

1. 2 years ago
    Edited last year by ALPHAVILLE_ADMIN

Staff Application

In Game Name: ALPHAVILLE_ADMIN aka CHRISTIANALPHA

Time Zone: EST

Tell us a bit about yourself: I have played here since probably 2015/16. I know it was during the "longest development cycle to a major update in the history of Minecraft, 1.8 2014-2016, but before the combat update, and my first discord post is 2016. I started playing MC in Jan 2013 because my sons wanted to play with their friends. They were young and i didnt want them "playing in the internet street", so i had to play to learn how to run a family server for them, and then my friend's kids & grandkids. I found that i loved it. My first computer was a commodore 64, and my first console was an Atari 2600. So im a lifelong gamer/computer nerd since before it was cool. I have 2 well-adjusted sons (who have played here), KaptK & JaeMoeBud. I have a degree in computer-aided drafting & design, i have owned 2 buisness, with employees. I currently am a Supervisor at a state univesity and have been for 7 years.
    "What do I like about the server?... Holy Cow where do i begin? I appreciate that its actually true vanilla, and hard to do. I also like the community, find the staff helpful and not annoying, and like the simple but effective rules & environment of reasonable liberty. I also like that Crafty has the best staff vetting system anywhere hands down.
    The only thing that i think i dont like about the server is that there are no guided activities to encourage new players to stick around and find out why they should stay to play.
    I am smart, experienced, responsible, and find helping and encouraging people to be its own reward.
    My biggest weakness is ive never surrendered my imagination. That makes me a dreamer, even after said dreams are lost , stolen, or burning failures i still have otimism and hope for the next idea... No, thats not a frufru thing you put on a resume that is a positive wrapped in a weakness. It gets annoying to myself and others around me when they want to be "realistic".

Why you are applying: Because i already help. I'm often answering new Myners questions when no other staff is around about rules and commands. Always have. For 6+ years i just played thinking that if i became staff that it would take away the relaxation i get being here. The other day i helped some staff member fix something for an hour or so, and realized... "Chris, you are helping staff, and you already help new players." I liked it. It made my time here even more enjoyable and rewarding.

Time Played on CraftyMynes (ticks): 26,739,171+ on this map. 6ish years. Over 1,000,000 netherack mined.

If you could pick one thing about yourself to change what would it be, why would you change it and how would you change it:
    I would be more physically fit. I would do so because its healthy. I would practice being more disciplined.
    That one is the hardest. My answer is the only one i could give after thinking about it too long that satisfied all 3 requirments. Every other answer i thought of required time travel, or other god-like powers,

Any additional information or notes: I'll try my best. I'm not afraid to as questions, or ashamed to ask for help myself.

or Sign Up to reply!