Map suggestion for the next map reset

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Andureil

If there's ever going to be one again, I'd suggest Biome Bundle , it's an amazing custom biome mod, with lots of custom and randomly generated biomes, rocks, structures and trees! And the best part is, that it's completly vanilla, so the server won't need to have any sort of plugins in order to work. Only downside of this is that the mod is currently outdated, and can only be played up to 1.7.10 currently. But anyway, it would be amazing to have such beautiful landscape, while playing online vanilla Minecraft!

2. It's a mod, that you have to download, therefore it's not vanilla...

3. @_Confederacy_ It's a mod, that you have to download, therefore it's not vanilla...

Crafty should download the mod in order to generate the map, but players won't have to do it. That's the beauty of the 'mod'.

4. Edited 7 years ago by T0rsion

@Andureil Crafty should download the mod in order to generate the map, but players won't have to do it. That's the beauty of the 'mod'.

It's still a mod, and if CraftyMyner installed it, the server would be "modded" even though the players wouldn't have to install the mod, Similar to plugins. therefore, it's not vanilla.

5. @_Confederacy_ It's still a mod, and if CraftyMyner installed it, the server would be "modded" even though the players wouldn't have to install the mod, Similar to plugins. therefore, it's not vanilla.

What i'm trying to say is, there are no blocks, plugins, commands, mobs or anything that changes the vanilla experience, only the landscape and the spawn rates of certain mobs in certain biomes. Crafty can simply generate the map using the mod, uninstall said mod and use it for the server. For me that's still vanilla, with just a 'custom' map.

6. @Andureil What i'm trying to say is, there are no blocks, plugins, commands, mobs or anything that changes the vanilla experience, only the landscape and the spawn rates of certain mobs in certain biomes. Crafty can simply generate the map using the mod, uninstall said mod and use it for the server. For me that's still vanilla, with just a 'custom' map.

It may have a vanilla feel, but a "custom world generator" is not vanilla, that's why it's called a mod. Therefore having the generator on the server means the server is not 100% vanilla, which as far as I know is what the staff wanted and the community enjoys.

7. @_Confederacy_ It may have a vanilla feel, but a "custom world generator" is not vanilla, that's why it's called a mod. Therefore having the generator on the server means the server is not 100% vanilla, which as far as I know is what the staff wanted and the community enjoys.

It's just a matter of point of view. Anyways, it's just a suggestion, and it's up to Crafty to decide what to do with the server and when to do it.

8. @Andureil It's just a matter of point of view. Anyways, it's just a suggestion, and it's up to Crafty to decide what to do with the server and when to do it.

More of an understanding of "vanilla" than a point of view, Crafty will know what to say :P

9. @_Confederacy_ More of an understanding of "vanilla" than a point of view, Crafty will know what to say :P

That's what i'm saying, it's a matter of how you see vanilla and up to where it still counts as it.

10. Nah, it would take about 900gbs to store the whole map, also, not really vanilla and to top it off, you wouldn't have any of the new blocks

11. Edited 7 years ago by Andureil

@CraftyMyner Nah, it would take about 900gbs to store the whole map, also, not really vanilla and to top it off, you wouldn't have any of the new blocks

By doing map reset i meant for some other MC update of course, it would take as much space as the actual map. Also yeah, kinda sad they're not updating the mod recently, but it might be in the near future (hopefully).

12. @Andureil By doing map reset i meant for some other MC update of course, it would take as much space as the actual map. Also yeah, kinda sad they're not updating the mod recently, but it might be in the near future (hopefully).

If you consider that there's no other actual stuff other than what already is on MC, it counts as vanilla >:p

13. @Andureil If you consider that there's no other actual stuff other than what already is on MC, it counts as vanilla >:p

You trying to start a war with that comment lol jk

14. @Andureil If you consider that there's no other actual stuff other than what already is on MC, it counts as vanilla >:p

if it requres a mod to work, then its no longer vanilla even if the mod can be uninstalled after the world is generated. Therefore its no longer vanilla

15. It's a cool Idea, but I can't possibly see it happening, they only way it would work is if it was updated for the newest version and we ran it all the time so that we didn't have to pre-generate everything, and of course, that would not be vanilla.

16. What are you looking for in this post?

17. Still would like to knowknow

@TheBosmerFalcon What are you looking for in this post?

or Sign Up to reply!