Lets make players rich

1. 7 years ago

Apologies first off if this topic has been brought up before. I'm sure it has in some form or fashion.

I was wondering what the community would think if a new building could be made in spawn that could sell individual players items. Same idea as the villagers already in trade but using our items and prices instead. Maybe make it so only vip+ individuals could sell. That should limit the amount of villagers needed and give an added benefit for donating to the server.

What do you think?

2. Is the idea to set up a sort of shop where VIP+ members showcase their goods and advertise for set prices to individual players?

3. [deleted]

1 Jul 2016
    Deleted 7 years ago by r4iscool1
  4. You can already do this at the trading post and through chat. Why build something new when you already have everything you need to do this

5. Edited 7 years ago by BoneChi11er

@TheBosmerFalcon Is the idea to set up a sort of shop where VIP+ members showcase their goods and advertise for set prices to individual players?

If this is indeed what you mean @mithraculus ...
    People are able to sell their items already through chat and the trade-post. This I feel is unnecessary and would take up too much room considering the number of VIP+ members we actually have on the server. Also shouldn't this topic be placed under "suggestions and ideas"?

6. I dont think that can be done in vanilla can it?

7. @Eberk91 I think yhe whole idea is to provide more of a structure to P-P trades where they can go into a store and know whats there. It wouldnt really work well though.

8. The jeweler is ENOUGH. No more " lets make more people rich " are actually appealing to me.

9. @Eberk91 You can already do this at the trading post and through chat. Why build something new when you already have everything you need to do this

Well, not only would it cut down on filling chat but also you could sell goods even when you are not online. Trading post mostly offers only basic goods.

10. How would the offline trading work? Im not great at command blocks or amy of that so idk, but I assume itd be complicated to trade specific items for specific items and the amounts. If using signs the amount of space required would be very large. Plus, the VIP+ who are not mods would have to change the signs along with the command blocks that operate the trades.

11. @TheBosmerFalcon Is the idea to set up a sort of shop where VIP+ members showcase their goods and advertise for set prices to individual players?

TheBosmerFalcon understands the idea

12. Edited 7 years ago by TheBosmerFalcon

@mithraculus TheBosmerFalcon understands the idea

Oh, lovely. *pats self on back*

13. @TheBosmerFalcon How would the offline trading work? Im not great at command blocks or amy of that so idk, but I assume itd be complicated to trade specific items for specific items and the amounts. If using signs the amount of space required would be very large. Plus, the VIP+ who are not mods would have to change the signs along with the command blocks that operate the trades.

I have no idea how this would operate or even if it could. My knowledge of command blocks and other mechanics behind the game is negligible.

14. Edited 7 years ago by T0rsion

VIP+ being the only people allowed to sell seems a bit unfair to me, not everyone can go out of their way to donate 25$ to the server, especially if you're a kid who doesn't have a credit card and your parents won't let you use theirs.

15. Wouldn't there be no point to it? If you consider the fact that most players will just ask about it in chat and trade at the trading post then what purpose does it serve?
    It could remove an element of bartering as well due to set prices, and if it's at spawn it would be something more players may use therefore damaging the trades of many of the non vip+ players.

16. This has been discussed before and there is no reasonable way to moderate and run it without Staff having to spend hours of their time everyday running it.
    I don't think anything has changed since then so I don't think there is any point in considering it further.

17. ^

18. Without the bukkit plugins to make the sign shops possible, I've never seen a Vanilla system that would allow this. An alternative, since your idea is good, would be that VIP+ could have access to a message board that they are able to post. Unless you can rig signs to be placeable in spawn like you can open the chests in the trading post, it would be a large staff commitment. Having VIP+ (who are dedicated assuming since they paid) would keep "most" spam and hateful comments off, but it would probably still be a lot of extra moderation.

19. Edited 7 years ago by FishW

@FlashFood i've actually seen sign shops in vanilla(i won't say where as it was on another server, and in a under construction area) i won't claim to know how it works but somehow it did. The only differences were you had use a command for it, so only oped people could use it, and it didn't take the items you "sold" and put them in a chest or such. But one could easly fix this.
    Edit: in no way am I advocating shops need to be implemented, I feel what we have is great.

20. Just live with what we have. Its good enough.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!