1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Nysic

Hello, I'd like to report two admins; PapaNeon as well as his companion (whom's name I forget). I was recently unbanned for subpar chat etiquette as well as "trolling". I log onto CraftyMynes after waiting for my 3-day ban to be lifted and I'm on the server for literally less than ten minutes and I've been banned already.

The reason for my ban was supposed "Advertising & Trolling". I will also be filing a ban appeal for this unjust ban. The reason I got the "Advertising" added to my sentence was I said this, and only this: "tfw lag on here is worse than redacted ." I didn't ask anyone to go play redacted, donate to redacted, or even talk about redacted. After this PapaNeon told me to stop mentioning other servers. And during my three days while I was banned I had the opportune time to brush up on the rules of CraftyMynes and nowhere does it say you cannot MENTION a server. It says you cannot advertise it, but it doesn't say that you cannot mention it.

Don’t use caps, don’t spam, don’t discuss controversial, sensitive or offensive topics (e.g. sex, sexual identity or preferences, race, politics, religion, drugs, etc.), no advertising, no links, no trolling.

As you can see clearly, there is no article in the above stating you cannot mention servers. So then I asked him why I could not mention other servers and he said because it's advertising. Note, once more I still never asked anyone to go to the server or donate to it or anything that could come off as advertising. After that, PapaNeon said I was trolling and I was very recently was banned for "this behavior" which is completely a polar opposite of what I got banned for previously as well as making a notion if I was doing anything wrong.

It was at this point that the fellow admin (whom's name I forgot but I assume was PapaNeon's superior admin) asked for my attention and told me to "guess what". I said "No Thank you" as I already assumed that he was going to ban me because for reason x, y, and z. And after that, I was banned.

So please, CraftyMynes staff I come back from a ban to receive another one directly for no precedented reason. Please get control over your staff before they go and randomly hand out bans as if they were candy bars. Thank you.

Sincerely, theEmeraldFarmer

P.S. I will also be making a ban appeal for this using most of the content used in this player report(s).

2. Deleted 7 years ago by r4iscool1
  3. The rules clearly state you are not allowed to mention other servers. It doesn't matter if you didn't tell anyone to play, donate, or check out this other server, it's still against the rules. You were banned for trolling, and talking about topics that aren't allowed here, and again, you broke the exact same rule. "And during my three days while I was banned I had the opportune time to brush up on the rules of CraftyMynes". How can you say you brushed up on the rules when the first thing you do is break the rules after getting back?

4. Edited 7 years ago by theEmeraldFarmer

Well PapaNeon, if it's so apparent then why don't you point it out for me so I can educate myself? Because nowhere in the Chat Etiquette category in the rule board says I cannot mention servers.

As well as I might add to what I just said, it's sad that if admins can just completely make up rules on the spot then there's no point in having a rule page because obviously you can get banned for anything if admins can "just make up rules on the spot".

5. Alsooooooooooo do you mind giving me the name of the other admin so I can include him in my post please?

6. "No advertising." You don't have to say, "hey, come play with me here!" for it to be advertising. A logo for a company doesn't say anything, but it's still advertising that company. It's the same concept. The staff has the right to add or change rules at their discretion, to either stop loopholes, or if some other issue arises that requires an entirely new rule to be made. The admin that actually banned you was @grantbanana . I just warned you about the rule you knew full well you were breaking.

7. Deleted 7 years ago by r4iscool1
  8. I didn't know that I was breaking a rule because there was no rule to be broken. I will stick to this until death, but it explicitly says in the rules that there is no advertising. If I stick an Apple sticker on my computer, that isn't advertising a company.

9. @theEmeraldFarmer I didn't know that I was breaking a rule because there was no rule to be broken. I will stick to this until death, but it explicitly says in the rules that there is no advertising. If I stick an Apple sticker on my computer, that isn't advertising a company.

You're own example just disproves the arguments you've been trying to make. By placing an apple sticker on your computer you are drawing attention to it, ergo advertising it's brand.

This discussion is done for the moment I'll review it shortly but it's going to be locked.

Nysic

or Sign Up to reply!