1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

I feel like its worth pointing out that using shaders in the dark is harder than normal, even with the dynamic light hand torch. Areas not exposed to light are literally pitch black, whereas normally you can see pretty well with brightness on maximum. But in the day oh! So damn pretty.

-image-

3. Yes but most people do not use shaders...

4. The torch in hand light wont work without them. That effect is an effect of the shader itself, not optifine.

5. No as of the latest version of optifine the dynamic light works regardless of the shaders

6. Well if it does I never noticed it

7. The "zoom" is only a manipulation of the normal field of view. Dynamic lighting has existed in shaders for a considerable amount of time. I don't really see what pointing out either of these things has to do with the mod in question. Even if 5zig has features like this, Optifine's features are still purely cosmetic.

8. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

Cosmetic features can give unfair advantages compared to players that do not have them. For example the clear water makes it easier to see underwater and therefore gives the player an advantage compared to others who do not have clear water.

9. I'm quitting if optifine was ever to be banned for use on this server lmao
    Like no

10. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

Optifine isn't going to be banned.
    It is correct that it does provide some minor advantages to players that use it however like with most rules it is a matter of reasonability and the benefits of allowing it far outweigh the trivial negatives.

11. And even if it was banned, there would be no certain way of telling if players are using it or not.

12. With respect, I think we should focus on the mod labelled in the title, and not optifine. That is what Mix wanted to know about

13. Thanks BoneChi11er

or Sign Up to reply!