banning people

1. 7 years ago

So ive been banned a lot on this server and so have many people. I understand that craftymynes has rules and i think most of them are fair. But sometimes i fesl that staff can be a little too harsh on certain things. This isnt just me, i see it happen with other people too. I just feel that there are certain staff member just waiting for you to break a rule so they can cruelly punish you for it. Im sure nearly everyone has broken a rule before but we all make mistakes and a fair warning is ok. There definitely are many times where people are given warnings and it ends there however this is usually only done by lower staff who dont have the power to ban. But what im trying to say is that rules are there to make sure that there is a good server experience. I feel like it should be obvious as to someone who is trying to be malicious and someone else who is just not being as serious but would very easily fix what they did wrong when asked. Im not sure where im going with this thread but, if i break a minor rule that has very little impact cant i get a chance to fix what i did instead of just banning me instantly because what good does that really do. im not hurting anyone and if you let me fix the small mistake i made and move on then you have a better reason to ban me if i make the same mistake next time. Im using an example that happened with me but i see it happen with everyone all the time.

2. Don't break the rules and you'll have good gaming experience here. You rule breakers get warned maybe two times before you get banned but you ignore it like always and then you get banned. Some admins and mods are getting pissed off with you all bullshit so they just ban you on the spot. Especially people who get banned frequently.

So yeah follow the rules and you'll be fine.

3. @mr_man32 I just feel that there are certain staff member just waiting for you to break a rule so they can cruelly punish you for it.

With the exception of "cruelly" which is your opinion, you pretty much summed up a staff member's job for enforcing the rules.

You're asking staff to give policy-level leniency for repeated infractions, which sucks up time and resources. It's contrary to their approach, where previous offenders are put on watch, which I think makes perfect sense.

@mr_man32 I feel like it should be obvious as to someone who is trying to be malicious and someone else who is just not being as serious but would very easily fix what they did wrong when asked.

If it's any consolation, the fact that you've broken rules multiple times and didn't get straight up perma-banned means they know it your infractions aren't as serious. Just take your previous bans as warnings and avoid breaking rules. A good rule of thumb is to avoid global chat, at least until you're more confident in the rules; that's where most accidental violations occur. Another is to try and understand the demographics of the server and how you should behave. See how the other players behave to get an idea. We're all just trying to be civil and have a good vanilla MC experience on here.

or Sign Up to reply!