1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Kinkybobo

To begin, I have to say I'm really in awe with this build. I joined the competition during the last week of the running, and really only had the opportunity to utilize 5 of those days effectively. I never imagined I would be able to pump out something so incredible in such a short amount of time. Whether she is chosen to set sail for spawn or not, I personally consider her to be the most magnificent thing I have ever created in Minecraft and I couldn't be more proud of my work. So without further ado, I present to you:

The Andromeda
    -image-

Ships in Minecraft have always been near and dear to my heart. One of the first large scale builds I ever took on in this game was a boat. Originally I thought I would just end up copying my old alpha build, and improve on it here and there, but this project turned into something completely new and different. I didn't realize how dated the first boat I ever built was. Creative mode didn't even exist yet if that gives you an idea. So almost as soon as I started I was working from scratch, no references or anything. I had the basic shape from my original ship and that was it. Needless to say I think she turned out bloody gorgeous.

-image-

I could literally stare at this thing all day... and I have.

-image-

Alright, lets take a tour. We'll start from the Main Deck.

-image-

The Andromeda is a Cargo Runner, My personal trade vessel during my exploration of CraftyMynes. She hauls a little bit of everything, ranging from mundane everyday materials to exotic treasures from lands far and Mysterious.

Up on deck I keep our stores of lumber. I've gathered wood from every known locale in Minecraft. From the simple Birch and Oak forest, to freezing taigas and humid jungles.

-image-

Head up the ladders and the view from the steering column is absolutely grand.

-image-

The sails are one of the most unique features of the ship and by far my favorite part of it, I had sooo much fun putting them together and making them look like they really work.

-image-

-image-

The design concept is actually really simple, they're basically just giant window blinds lol. Pull down on the ropes on either side to raise the sails and let them go free to lower them. Don't forget to tie down the slack around the rigging posts :D

-image-

Take the ladder up to the crows nest for a better view

-image-

Each Sail has one, check them all out!

-image-

-image-

I can't say it enough, this thing is freakin awesome and I want everyone to see it in person.

-image-

You're damn right they don't Quadelet! (He was totally talking about something else but the timing of the screenshot was perfect lol)

Anyways, moving inside, we have the Captain's Quarters. A bed fit for a king and an open view of the ocean. The room also sports two furnaces for comfortable heating.

-image-

One side features a washing station and a jukebox for musical entertainment (not pictured)

-image-

The other side features personal storage and a writing desk

-image-

View from the Bed window

-image-

View from the writing desk

-image-

Just outside is the Navigation Room / Captain's Study. This is where expeditions are planned and the ship is set on course.

-image-

-image-

Apparently I'm actually a really bad navigator, I parked this thing on a reef, but i'll worry about that later XD

-image-

The Captain can also prepare his own food and entertain here, should he choose to do so.

-image-

-image-

To get below deck we can take either of the two hall staircases on either side of the Navigation Room.

-image-

-image-

Enter the Mess Hall! The rowdy crew assembles here to grab some delicious grub and stay in good spirits during those long voyages.

-image-

-image-

Probably the coziest place on the ship. Gather round friends and enjoy a hot meal by the fireside.

-image-

-image-

Further inside is the kitchen where the cooks are hard at work feeding the crew.

-image-

-image-

Two massive ovens and a plethora of ingredients ensure everybody stays well fed during treks across the sea.

-image-

The pantry is a bit bare but we'll make sure to stock it before we set sail for Spawn!!

-image-

Hmm view from the kitchen is pretty sweet.

-image-

Push past the busy chefs and you'll find yourself in the Crew Quarters

-image-

Each bunk room has more than enough space to keep these sailors comfortable.

-image-

Looks like somebody is turning in early

-image-

The view from each room isn't too shabby either, I don't want any of my crew feeling claustrophobic.

-image-

-image-

Beyond the Crew Quarters you'll find the rear storage area. Bulky miscellaneous cargo is kept here.

-image-

-image-

There's also a hatch leading up from the mast support that goes back up on deck down here.

-image-

-image-

-image-

Take the Stairs down to lowest part of the ship and we'll end up in the main cargo hold. The single room brig is also down here. the occasional stow away gets tossed here until we make it to the next port, but its mainly a drunk tank where crew members who cant hold their spirits can ride out the night.

-image-

If you aren't stuck in the brig you can take in the glorious sight that is the core of this merchant vessel's trade. Ore. Tons of it.

-image-

Rare ores make up the bulk of Andromeda's cargo, some of this was incredibly hard to come by.

-image-

... who stuck this down here... that's just creepy...

-image-

~Eerie noise plays~

-image-

Well that's it guys! I hope you enjoyed the tour as much as I enjoyed building her. This project has been the wildest and craziest thing I've ever attempted and I really hope everyone loves the Andromeda as much as I do! Good luck to everyone competing! Your builds are just as exciting as my own and I love the other ships I've seen so far! Keep up the Awesome work! Now then...

Weigh Anchor! Hoist the Sails lads! We're setting our sights on Spawn >;D

-image-

-image-

2. Edited 7 years ago by HaloNest

Dude that's neat, so many rooms

3. Doge approves this build :D

4. lol doge means leader in italian @iDogeTwinkie

5. Really awesome build man I do hope its in spawn cuz I can't wait to see it in person! :D

6. @HaloNest lol doge means leader in italian @iDogeTwinkie

I suspect Hippopotamus :D

7. Do you? @iDogeTwinkie

8. Edited 7 years ago by Tweakerzoid

Amazing build! Well done, so many cool details. Love all the Woods and all the ores.

9. currently this is my no1 ship followed by wblaine128's

10. @TheForgotten20 im glad you like it !! :D

11. Can you link me the texture someway? @Kinkybobo

12. @HaloNest

https://forum.craftymynes.com/1117-the-shaderpack-texturepack-thread/p2#p11009

or Sign Up to reply!