Post a Reply

The future of Spawn Eggs

1. 7 years ago

@misterkickman ITs an opinion first off, but think how easily things would balance if you had to take a horse or pack of llamas to spawn to trad, i think it would be really cool and fun

The map is huge. To stay safe, people have to live very far away, thousands and thousands of blocks away. No one wants to walk/ride all that distance, taking away hours of their time, just to go to spawn and trade.

Besides that, as much as I would hate to see all my creations disappear, and as much as it pains me to say this, I think a reset would be the right decision. The entire system of how many people get rich on the server has been compromised, and starting over with a new style of earning our way to the top is probably for the best.

2. @CraftyMyner, I guess my major source of distress are my builds, which are only on this server. If there were a way for me to pay for you to save the chunks that include my base, so that I can insert them into my single player world, I would be LESS opposed to a reset. Of course I knew from the beginning the finite existence of this map, but for me, I just don't realize how much I'm going to invest, until it is already invested. It would be like watching hours, even days, of my life disappearing in an instant.

@Server Community, On the topic of the economy, I think people are blaming aspects of the server for the state of the economy, and while I will agree, Egg, villagers and TPA have EXPEDITED the current state of the economy, I believe that it is inevitable. People on this server were unbelievable wealthy, long before craftycrates or villagers were implemented. I mean a matter of days, and people were beyond rich with resources. I agree that a certain point it is more fun to reset the server and begin again, but I believe making the "economy" the major reason for the reset, is naive.

TL;DR - Inflated economy should not be the reason for the inevitable reset.

3. @Yelloms @CraftyMyner, I guess my major source of distress are my builds, which are only on this server. If there were a way for me to pay for you to save the chunks that include my base, so that I can insert them into my single player world, I would be LESS opposed to a reset. Of course I knew from the beginning the finite existence of this map, but for me, I just don't realize how much I'm going to invest, until it is already invested. It would be like watching hours, even days, of my life disappearing in an instant.

@Server Community, On the topic of the economy, I think people are blaming aspects of the server for the state of the economy, and while I will agree, Egg, villagers and TPA have EXPEDITED the current state of the economy, I believe that it is inevitable. People on this server were unbelievable wealthy, long before craftycrates or villagers were implemented. I mean a matter of days, and people were beyond rich with resources. I agree that a certain point it is more fun to reset the server and begin again, but I believe making the "economy" the major reason for the reset, is naive.

TL;DR - Inflated economy should not be the reason for the inevitable reset.

Agree 100%

4. @Yelloms @CraftyMyner, I guess my major source of distress are my builds, which are only on this server. If there were a way for me to pay for you to save the chunks that include my base, so that I can insert them into my single player world, I would be LESS opposed to a reset. Of course I knew from the beginning the finite existence of this map, but for me, I just don't realize how much I'm going to invest, until it is already invested. It would be like watching hours, even days, of my life disappearing in an instant.

I remember I was like this when 1.8 reset. I strongly opposed the reset then and even suggest moving the chunk of my build to the new map. But when 1.9 was released I started again, even improve 2 or 3x my builds. I want to believe Im a pretty decent builder myself, at this point I would love to see everyone in equal footing with a reset. Even sacrificing what I already have which is quite huge IMO. See my base: