Question about monster spawning and the render distance

1. 7 years ago

[deleted]

10 Jan 2017

Hey,
    i have a question.
    At this server is the render distance 5 chunks around the player.
    And monster spawn 8 chunks around the player.
    So my question is, what is with the different 3 chunks between the render distance and the 8 chunks?
    Spawn there monster?

2. Edited 7 years ago by 2Chill

Server render is set at 6 on this map now i believe .

Mobs are broadly divided into four categories: hostile, friendly, water (i.e. squid) and ambient (i.e. bat). Hostile mobs have a spawning cycle once every game tick (1/20th of a second). Friendly and water mobs have only one spawning cycle every 400 ticks (20 seconds). Because of this, where conditions permit spawning, hostile mobs spawn frequently, but passive mobs (ie: animals) spawn very rarely. Most animals spawn within chunks when they are generated.

Mobs spawn naturally within a square group of chunks centered on the player, 15×15 chunks (240×240 blocks). When there are multiple players, mobs can spawn within the given distance of any of them. However, hostile mobs (and some others) that move farther than 128 blocks from the nearest player will soon despawn, so the mob spawning area is more-or-less limited to spheres with a radius of 128 blocks, centered at each player. In multiplayer, mob caps are shared by all players, no matter where they are.

Each individual spawn attempt succeeds only if all of the following conditions are met:

There must be no players and no player spawn points within a 24 block distance (spherical) of the spawning block

3. Not sure that copy paste from the wiki really answered the question, or was relevant.
    The server only loads 5 chunks around the player (according to "render?") and mobs can't spawn in unloaded chunks.

Basically:

@Flamingwaffles48 Spawn there monster?

No.

4. [deleted]

10 Jan 2017

@NutjobBob Not sure that copy paste from the wiki really answered the question, or was relevant.
    The server only loads 5 chunks around the player (according to "render?") and mobs can't spawn in unloaded chunks.

Basically:

No.

Thank you, that was the answer for my question :)

or Sign Up to reply!