Unable to play servers

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by ExoticButterz_

Update: I fixed and reset my pc. Installing the launcher as I type this, so far so good...
    Edit: aaand it restarted halfway through....
    ;-;

3. @pand1024 Are you having issues downloading? What are you using to download the installer? What is your OS? What is your browser?

If the file is downloading properly, but won't install. Have you tried re downloading the installer? Have you tried the legacy launcher?
    https://minecraft.net/en-us/download/alternative

Posting what steps you take to get the bug, any error messages you get, and optionally screenshots will help us help you.

I'm using windows 10

4. Edited 7 years ago by ExoticButterz_

I've successfully been able to download the runtime folder and tmp folder for Minecraft but the launcher still won't download/update..
    I can't even use java because the edge browser doesn't even support plugins...

5. Im not getting any error messages, just the "unable to download the native launcher" message pops up in a small window. Sometimes the installation restarts mid way through

6. ok bro ill try to help standby

7. ok give me a short update what you have done so far.
    usually i can just select uninstall programs in control panel then uninstall minecraft completely. i then restart computer. next i do a file search for minecraft. if i find any files i delete them, i restart again and repeat until they are all gone. don't forget to empty your recycle bin. also i run ccleaner to make sure all my temp files are deleted along with any cookies or malware. it is a free program i have used for years. once i have done all that i go to mojang and download a fresh copy of minecraft. fyi file extensions in your browser can interfere. sometimes you can just use internet explorer to get the download then go back to the regular browser you use.

before you do all this restart delete stuff if you dont have ccleaner get it and run it then restart your computer, try running minecraft and right down exactly what the fault message says. i think you are having old mnecraft files interfering with the restart. also check your download folder for multiple copy's you can delete. i hope this helps, ive been then when i updated to windows 10 and it took forever to get it right

8. Thanks, this is really irritating especially since i've put so much time and effort into this game. I can't use java because edge browser doesn't support plugins and I can't download another program for some reason. Whenever I try to the installation just stops midway through
    I'm 95% positive i've deleted all of my anti-viruses and disabled my firewall. I've spent the past week+weekend trying to figure this out and no avail.

9. Alright i'll download ccleaner, but I doubt it will work (but I do have some hope)

10. here watch this

11. Edited 7 years ago by ExoticButterz_

I already watched this yesterday :P

12. If i had to make a guess i would say you have multiple copies interfering or your browser is blocking a full download.

13. Can the Minecraft.installer setup interfere with the download?

14. i would run ccleaner, then do a full uninstall of all minecraft, then download a fresh copy from mojang and go from there. it feels like you got multiple folder or download copies interfering. some are in temp folders, some in program folders some in recycle bin some in downloads, and when it tries to start it selects the wrong version and has a conflict.if i was there i could look, fro here i am just guessing based on whats has happened to me in the past. i was using firefox browser and it caused all kinds of issues. so i cleared everyting out, used internet explorer for download and finally got it to work

15. Ok. I'll check to make sure there aren't any tmp files or duplicates. I'm still waiting for the ccleanersetup to install, my download speed sucks

16. I feel your pain, its like all you want to do is play, you try everything and still nothing. everybody has advice your hope goes up and then more frustration. I will try to stay online as long as I can and try to walk you thru this step by step until we can get you playing again :)

17. Edited 7 years ago by ExoticButterz_

Yea it's very frustrating. Thanks for sticking around :)

18. The top green bar during the ccleaner installation process/setup has been in the same spot for the last 5 minutes..

19. which
    browser did you use? chrome, explorer? firefox?

i use this link

https://piriform.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000184428-Windows-10-Compatibility-Issues

20. I'm using the default web browser for windows 10, windows edge

21. god i hate that fucking edge. use internet explorer or google chrome, edge and contana love to decide what you need behind closed doors, screw that, download chrome browser or standard internet explorer and lets get you playing, man i hate that, i had to turn mine off....

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!