Post a Reply

can i usea vpn on craftymyes

1. 7 years ago

@Retrochewy whats VPN

Virtual Private Network is one of a few ways that you can reroute your internet traffic.

@Cankicker8 Cankicker8 2 hours ago
    Mojang has banned VPN's for unkown reasons. if you log in with one it will log you out and in some cases changes your password. so if you don't have your login details to get your account back, i do not suggest you use a VPN

I don't think you are correct. I don't want anyone to be discouraged from making improvements to their privacy/security, because they think they will loose their account. Off the top of my head here are some things you would want to keep in mind about a VPN:

1. Free VPNs most likely sell your information to advertisers, which may not meet your privacy needs.
    2. If you use a shady VPN provider you may be exposing yourself to a man in the middle attack.
    3. If you use a VPN you may end up using an IP address that has previously been used by an IP banned player. That could include people banned on the server as well as the voting websites.

Assuming you get VPN service from a reputable source, you should not have any issues beyond a slight additional lag.

2. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

From my own extensive experience of using VPN with minecraft Mojang does not ban accounts or IPs except in exceptional circumstances they do however Rate limit logins meaning they will only allow a certain amount of logins or attempted ones before refusing anymore on an IP.
    This seems to be less prevalent however with IPs already associated with the account. After 24 hours they do seem to remove this limit.
    Im pretty sure they do not ban public vpns either however the IPs on these servers are used often to try crack accounts meaning they can often be limited and they may manually ban some IPs for suspected accounting stealing.

So in conclusion using VPNs is fine but you may need to swap around IPs to find one that works, you could also buy a VPN which provides a unique static address to for more permanent security that would always work.