Post a Reply

Humfrydog's new knee

1. 5 years ago

Well fast forward to today. I had miniscus surgery on left knee and TONS of rehab. Rehab finished last Thursday. Doctor intends to release me aprilb8th to full duty, then schedule me with another doctor to "Evaluate" my left knee capabilities and or restrictions. Which will be followed by permanent work restrictions if necessary and any possible % of permanent disability. So this week is my last week of light duty at work.
    Well lets just say I Am Fucked!! I gained 40 plus pounds after nearly 2 years of surgeries and inactivity, I AM still in pain on both knees, can't climb stairs for shit, can't kneel without pain. Gotta use handrails , going down stairs very sketchy. My job is very physical and now i am 50 years old. I am trying today to do some of my job tasks as part of a inspection. No one is watching me, but i am having a very difficult time accomplishing what should be simple tasks.
    My future doesn't look good and my finances and bills am screwed after all this, i need to work, can't stop and go back to school or change vocations. Gotta soldier one wish me luck. This old dog is tired and hurting :(

2. Today i must endure a 5 hour torture test without a lunch break. I had zero breakfast. Its some kind of functional test of my left knee, however i suspect its much more than that. They say its to evaluate my knee for possible permanent restrictions. But it stinks of " can he do the job,,,," COMPANY TEST . However its should only be a work comp thing. Its gonna hurt either way. I thinks its time to get a lawyer maybe. Test starts in 10 minutes. Pray for the big dog. Lol