EHowy's Staff Application

1. 3 years ago
    Edited 3 years ago by EHowy

In Game Name: EHowy

Time Zone: EST (Will be CET after December 30, 2020)

Tell us a bit about yourself:
    I originally joined this server at the end of 2019, but I didn't become particularly active until the beginning of this year. When I first joined the server, I was honestly a bit intimidated. I had never really been a big video game person, and it became very obvious that almost everyone here knew the game and each other much better than did I. I still distinctly remember building my first base at about 7k away from spawn - totally assured within my rookie mindset that I would be safe - and I'm sure you all can guess how well that went for me. Luckily, the game really changed for me after a few players began to give me advice. Shortly after, they helped me discover all kinds of new ways to use the commands to my advantage, create farms, and really develop my game play as well as my confidence in being here. Likewise, although certainly there's a part of me that still knows the other players on the server can act as my competitors, I now have begun to view them as also really cool, potential friends. As such, for me, the biggest draw to this server is the wonderful community that stands behind it. Admittedly, I don't always love the frequency of the server resets and sometimes think that we could benefit from adding new areas to spawn (like the PVP arena or ShadowedSpade's trivia contest idea), the drawbacks are almost entirely paled by the enjoyment of being on a fun, friendly, and chill server.

In terms of what I offer, I think my biggest strengths come from my dedication and attitude. I'm the type of person who always makes sure to have time for the things that matter to me. Currently, I work two jobs in real life, and still manage to find the time to play and check in on things on CraftyMynes almost everyday. As a helper, I would be even more adamant about committing my time to fulfill the tasks given to me and trying to be available to other players as much as I can. Although my understanding is that my job would be primarily geared towards cleaning up areas around the server, I also hope to be able to work directly with new players. Throughout my life I've always been described as friendly, optimistic, very open minded, and typically able to de-escalate interpersonal conflicts if they should ever arise. Admittedly, this sometimes makes it hard for me to express my own opinions and also compels me to juggle the needs and desires of other people, which can be a bit overwhelming. Nevertheless, I still find voice to express the things that matter most dearly to me, and would still likely be a decent fit for a helper, given that it's a position of service.

Why you are applying:
    As I expressed before, the CraftyMynes community is usually a very welcoming place. The players that I have met on here truly have impacted me and offered me a lot of guidance that I would've never gotten otherwise. My ultimate goal in being part of the CraftyMynes staff is to be in a position where new players and veteran players alike can trust me and turn to me for guidance as necessary.

Time Played on CraftyMynes (ticks): 11,235,221

If you could pick one thing about yourself to change what would it be, why would you change it and how would you change it:
    One thing that I've always struggled with is self-confidence, or, better said, self-assurance. I'm unfortunately very prone to overthinking and doubting what I do. Of course, I'd want to change this because it can be at times rather overwhelming and can get in the way of actually acting to solve an issue. I still value the part of me that is very careful to think things through, but value much less the part of me that regrets things when they don't go very well. With that, I'd keep the carefulness and thoughtfulness but replace the latter portion with more self-forgiveness.

Any additional information or notes:

Thank you in advance for your time in reading this!!

or Sign Up to reply!