Mikerue's Staff Application

1. 3 years ago

In Game Name: Mikerue

Time Zone: PST

Tell us a bit about yourself: I recently returned to CraftyMynes a few weeks ago to play on a server with my wife and brother. I remembered enjoying this server when I played in 2017 and 2018, and I've had a great time since rejoining last month.

CraftyMynes probably has the best trading system of any server I've seen, which is my favorite thing about playing here. Minecraft is better when played with others, and having a good trading system makes that possible.

The only thing about the server that bothers me is the 100 entity rule, but I understand why it's in place, especially since I've nearly killed my computer on single player worlds with too many entities.

As for strengths, I'm a data analyst by day and I love numbers. If it has to do with numbers, I'm going to be able to remember it, solve it, or replicate it. Another one of my strong suits is rules. I used to be an American football referee and baseball umpire. In both sports, I scored highly on the rules exams and my association selected me to work playoff games because of my expertise, fairness, and integrity.

In my career, I've discovered my biggest weakness is taking over someone else's project when it is halfway finished. If I do something, I want to do it start-to-finish.

Why you are applying: I try to help on the server as much as I can already by reminding players of rules, answering questions, and giving new players a boost. I'd like to do that in a more formal capacity and I really enjoy playing on this server, which is why I'm doing this application.

Time Played on CraftyMynes (ticks): 10.5 million

If you could pick one thing about yourself to change what would it be, why would you change it and how would you change it: I'd make myself a better writer. My wife is a lawyer and writes better than anyone I know. I've seen that good writing skills make someone unstoppable in business, school, court, and personal affairs. I think I could change this by going back to the start and learning all the basics of language so I understood words and grammar; the building blocks of writing.

Any additional information or notes: I know Python and I'm learning Java. Coding is fun

or Sign Up to reply!