Sugarcane farm

1. 7 years ago

Hello everyone!
    So for a long time, I have been in need of a nice way to gather sugarcane. I'm sure everyone has great auto-sugarcane farm designs, so here is mine too!
    I have a 3x4 grid of 16 sugarcane in each grid box, and 16 pistons too, that push the sugarcane into a stream of water. All of these grid squares channel the sugarcane into a dropper elevator that puts the it into chests, for collection.
    Dropper system: -image-
    What a row looks like: -image-

If you have any suggestions or ideas to improve this, please share them with us!
    Have a nice day :D

2. Cuwl

3. Deleted 6 years ago by Compos
  4. Good idea! I didn't think pumpkins were useful, but after reading your post, they probably are.
    My reason for using sugarcane is mainly that once I get a villager breeder started up, I can trade with the librarians to get emeralds and unlock the book trades. Also, I can sell the sugarcane to people who want to do the same.
    haha my redstone is very messy too sometimes
    -image-
    Suppose I will have to make an auto pumpkin farm as well to get emeralds!

5. Deleted 6 years ago by Compos
  6. I think a good idea would be to lowwer your control sugarcane and its adjacent piston by one block then you will get more sugar cane as the rest would have more time to grow taller

7. Back on the 1.8 server I had a big pumpkin plantation. Harvested those suckers by hand. Made enough for a godset, and I was doing it all at around 3000 5000 coords. The godset just rotted away in my echest though, the only time I used it was to get revenge on a person who killed me outside spawn once. Good times.

or Sign Up to reply!