1. 4 years ago
    Edited 4 years ago by DaddyDeacon

In Game Name: DaddyDeacon

Reason for your ban: Sexual Language

Why should you be unbanned: This happened a week (?) ago. The chat was discussing sexualities, I asked if someone was gay. I was kicked. I rejoined and asked why I was kicked, was it for saying gay? The mod said yes and kicked me again. I rejoined and said mb, is straight also not allowed. I was banned. Before this I played for a month and a bit, was getting along with everyone, and I felt the ban really came out of nowhere.

Edit: Gamer I obviously knew you were the one who banned me, because I had met alot of mods/admins before you, and all of them I got along with. Showing two separate admins my base, both of which complimented it heavily. The only reason I am appealing, when I strongly didn't want too, was because of the mates who kept pestering me to come back.

Here is why I didn't wanna come back. I am bisexual and I honest to god think you're homophobic. I have gotten along with everyone I have talked with on the server, with the exception of you. Imagine spending an entire month chilling and chatting then getting banned, yeah it came out of nowhere. Let's go over your response.

First off, Let's define Sexual:
    "relating to the instincts, physiological processes, and activities connected with physical attraction or intimate physical contact between individuals."

Sexuality, isn't sexual. If I mentioned that I had kissed a guy, that's sexual because I was physically attracted to that man.

[00:13:30] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <DaddyDeacon> gay isnt sexual
    [00:13:41] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] DaddyDeacon left the game

Right here, I was kicked - without warning - for saying the word gay. If that isn't an allowed word, censor it, or at least say before hand "Hay. If you say that word, you're going to get kicked." Instead you decide to say it AFTER I got kicked.

[00:13:45] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Mod] Th3GreenGamer> It inherently is? lol what

But oh wait. Did you see that, I was kicked at 13:41. I rejoined the game in under 4 seconds? I processed that I was kicked, read the kick message, rejoined (which in itself takes 2 seconds) in enough time to SEE your message. No. Because I didn't. Which is shown in my next message:

[00:14:03] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <DaddyDeacon> NO one here would argue being gay is bad. so it's not controversial lmao
    [00:14:16] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <DaddyDeacon> lesbian?

"Controversial". I think I got kicked for mentioning something CONTROVERSIAL. Wanna know why? Because I did not know it was for something sexual, once again, no message, no kick message, wasn't told.

For someone who is bisexual, I got straight up offended by the idea at the idea that my sexuality is controversial. Me liking guys makes you uncomfortable. Not the point.

Point is. > Not only did I not get warned I was mentioning something sexual. Me thinking it was because of controversy, which is insane.
    > I still don't see sexuality as sexual. I genuinely don't view it that way, which wouldn't matter if I was told you viewed it that way, but I wasn't. You liking women, not sexual. You kissed a women? Sexual. Why? Because you completed an action with a partner that you were sexually attracted too.

> My first kick, came out of nowhere, and you should have said "Please don't talk about sexualities here." Then kicked me. I would have understood and respected it. But instead you responded, "it is inheritently lol." To which I didnt even read.

The second kick, I won't lie, I felt offended that someone in a game could see sexuality as offensive, becaus eI thought I got kicked for controversy. So of course I ask a question. Which YOU didn't reply to, just kicked me again.

So we get into my third kick.
    [00:15:27] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <DaddyDeacon> yh we have to drop it katt. Gay is controversial lmao
    [00:15:43] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] DaddyDeacon left the game
    You clearly have read our messages, third kick

> I tell kat, we have to drop it. I am ready, to drop it. To never mention it again, I even use the word "Controversial" because once again. In my head, Im just getting kicked by an admin who views sexualities as controversial. In my head, I think Im ggetting kicked by someone who is homophobic. That of course offends me. However, this ENTIRE thing could have been avoided if you at any point just said,

"You aren't getting kicked for controversy, you are getting kicked sexual references. Please stop."

I would have understood, and dropped it. You didn't. You instead said NOTHING and kicked me a third time.

Let's talk about the fourth kick, and the final ban.

[00:16:42] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <DaddyDeacon> what was sexual
    You feigning ignorance.

> You kicked me, and mentioned in the kick message "Sexual references". In my head, I dont view heterosexual, gay, lesbian, bisexual, pansexual as any sort of sexual references. I ask, what I said, was sexual. This is a genuine question, to which you once again, DIDN'T reply too. At all. Im getting kicked by a magical figure in my head, no clue who it is.

[00:17:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <DaddyDeacon> lysander
    [00:17:04] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <DaddyDeacon> is straight
    [00:17:08] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <DaddyDeacon> sexual in nature
    [00:17:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Mod] Th3GreenGamer> Indeed it is
    [00:17:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] DaddyDeacon left the game
    Ban.

> Right here is the best bit. I refer to Lysander, because I dont even know it's you kicking me, I would know if I saw the message where YOU said "it is inheritently" your only verbal warning, but oh wait I didn't. When you respond, I was whispering, or attempting to whisper, Lysander (the person I thought was kicking me) these questions, so we could talk about it off general chat. And sort it out, because me and Lysander had previously met in the end - took a screenshot together - and messed around. I considered him a cool guy. So I was prepared to admit my mistake, and ask him via whisper, if he considered it sexual, and apologize, because I didn't. My bad y'know?

To sum this up.

It did come out of nowhere. Because in my head, I thought Lysander was kicking me. I am bisexual, and was offended at the idea that sexual orientation could be controversial. Since everyone should view whatever you do, as you, as just go on with their lives.

This is my justification, I don't actually want to join back. I just wanted to be able to talk with you, the mod that kicked me, who I thought was being homophobic. To just chill. People are all over the spectrum. Just don't be homophobic.

2. Hello, I'm the mod that banned you.

Let's see if this ban really

came out of nowhere.

[00:13:30] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <DaddyDeacon> gay isnt sexual
    [00:13:41] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] DaddyDeacon left the game
    That's the first kick

[00:13:45] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Mod] Th3GreenGamer> It inherently is? lol what
    [00:13:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Helper] 1Lysander> yes it is sexual and controversal
    You being told a sexuality is sexual

[00:14:03] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <DaddyDeacon> NO one here would argue being gay is bad. so it's not controversial lmao
    [00:14:16] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <DaddyDeacon> lesbian?
    [00:14:20] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Helper] 1Lysander> sexuality is something against the rules to be talking about
    [00:14:35] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] DaddyDeacon left the game
    That's the second kick

[00:15:27] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <DaddyDeacon> yh we have to drop it katt. Gay is controversial lmao
    [00:15:43] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] DaddyDeacon left the game
    You clearly have read our messages, third kick

[00:16:42] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <DaddyDeacon> what was sexual
    You feigning ignorance.

[00:17:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <DaddyDeacon> lysander
    [00:17:04] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <DaddyDeacon> is straight
    [00:17:08] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <DaddyDeacon> sexual in nature
    [00:17:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Mod] Th3GreenGamer> Indeed it is
    [00:17:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] DaddyDeacon left the game
    Ban.

As you can see, you were clearly told multiple times that it was sexual in nature and against our rules. You clearly demonstrated that you read what we said, and still did it anyways. I suggest you read up on our rules.

You will be unbanned in 24 hours, don't do it again.

3. G'day,

Throwing my voice in here our rules clearly cover this subject.

Practice good chat etiquette - Don’t use caps, don’t spam, don’t discuss controversial, sensitive or offensive topics (e.g. sex, sexual identity or preferences, race, politics, religion, drugs, etc.), no advertising, no links, no trolling. Please only use the minecraft font and English in global chat.

This is a family friendly server with adults and children from all walks of life. Topics like this are forbidden to avoid controversy and clashing opinions. This is not a case of our staff being homophobic, in fact no staff member would survive on this server for long if they were.

I am extending your ban to 3 days from my reply. You have indicated that you don't wish to return and that's fine as well. Your account will be pardoned anyway should you wish to. If you do not I wish you all the best, but should you return pay heed to the rules.

Nysic

or Sign Up to reply!