CraftyMynes Owner AMA

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Rybye

@GrinningBobcat Is Spawn a no-fly-zone for slime block flying machines?

Yes.

3. @Rybye Yes.

Figured.

On a semi-related note what's the worst spawn has been griefed

4. @GrinningBobcat Figured.

On a semi-related note what's the worst spawn has been griefed

By a player, on 1.8 this guy managed to remove all of the blocks that make up the insides of the old trading post. Also, the end spawn cobble mess, but that isn't destructive, just a mess.

By me:

-image-
    -image-
    -image-

5. @MasaruCyri If you had a chance to go to 3 places (and ONLY 3) in the world for 3 weeks (1 week at each place), where would you go and why?

I would go backstage of Cirque Du Soleil in Las Vegas (I like technical theater stuff).

Austria, flying in the mountains, cause it looks cool.

I'll take a raincheck on the 3rd place for later.

6. Deleted 3 years ago by jxo_
  7. @JustJams How did they accomplish this?

All the pictures were me having fun with a copy of the map. There used to be a hack in the game that allowed you to not send health/position updates to the server, making command block protection useless, but I found a way to combat it. That's what the guy used to grief my non-server-based-protection area.

8. Deleted 3 years ago by jxo_
  9. @CraftyMyner Shh, please keep your mind reading to yourself *cough* MyneHax.com *cough*.

OMG I had this exact same idea just today! A server for all of the hackers! Instead of just banning them and losing a large portion of players, just send them to the hacker server! Genius!

10. @_Haxington_ OMG I had this exact same idea just today! A server for all of the hackers! Instead of just banning them and losing a large portion of players, just send them to the hacker server! Genius!

I have had this idea since I upgraded to 1.9, and 2Chill and I really made it a reality in my mind a while ago, I already have the domain.

11. do you have lists of everyone bases?

12. Do you physically own the Device that runs the server? If so how much did you pay for it?

13. @sknup do you have lists of everyone bases?

I know where everyone lives if that's what you are asking.

14. @DeathStrikeNinja Do you physically own the Device that runs the server? If so how much did you pay for it?

I don't own the physical machine, I rent it from a server hosting company (OVH), it costs me $160 a month.

I also have:

Cloud server ~$20/month (forum/bans/database/website stuff)
    VPS ~$10/month (old TeamSpeak server)
    Backupsy Server $40/month (backup all servers)
    Dropbox enterprise (Backing up all servers) ~$110/year
    Home server (Dell PowerEdge 2950 III, mass storage/backup) $270 one time
    Laptop $3k One time (manage everything for the server from this)
    Gaming PC $2k (don't use this much)

If you are interested in all the other server costs (domain names/software), I would be happy to share them.

15. @CraftyMyner
    Cool! Are you already working on it or is it just an idea for the future?

16. @_Haxington_ @CraftyMyner
    Cool! Are you already working on it or is it just an idea for the future?

Well the idea was that it would run itself, I am just working on a extension for my panel to be the brains of the operation.

17. Nice

18. Follow up does anyone live close to me?

19. Have any staff members ever had their power revoked? If so, are they banned, or do they become a regular player?

20. Do you make money from the server? or does it all go back into the server

21. @Rybye Do you make money from the server? or does it all go back into the server

All donations go to the server and things Crafty uses directly for the improvement of it. Eg backup servers, panel etc.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!