Item disappeared after death

1. 7 years ago

I just got stuck in an invis block while mining and got killed by other mobs, I ran to my death spot and found all of my items except my chestplate.

I searched it for like 5 minutes and it wasn't there at all, and then it got cleared. What caused my item to disappear like that?

2. Items are entities, they can be killed, the chest plate might have disappeared because the block "suffocated" it, I know this happens because I tried to suffocate some zombies (10+) in one area, none of them dropped anything. I also got stuck in the nether bedrock trying to to to the roof, all my items were gone when my friend got up to the top to get them.

3. Yeah I agree with it getting suffocated along with you. It might have just taken damage and broke.

4. If this was underground, it could have item elevatored to the surface. Happend to me a few times when I was playing survival.

5. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

I didn't suffocated, i think because of mining too fast the hitbox of the blocks were still there and when i walked on them it prevented me from moving, i used to walk in the opposite direction to break loose, this time there were too many mobs though.

And there were no blocks on/around the invis block so i don't think it got elevated to the surface

6. Maybe one of the mobs picked it up then despawned?

7. another possibility is that it ran out o durrability when the mob killed you

8. @Venetorem another possibility is that it ran out o durrability when the mob killed you

It had mending and around %90 durability

or Sign Up to reply!