Chunks reload

1. 7 years ago

Hi everyone,

I did an iron farm based on a complex redstone system (not mine) that needs to be initialized during ~1 hour to work, and the chunk need to stay loaded all this time. Sadly, it doesn't work as well as it should.

My question is; are chunks reloaded when the grounds items are deleted or at any other moments (except at restart) ?

2. I'm pretty sure they aren't loaded during an item clear however it seems to me that such a complex redstone system would not work well on CM since our TPS can fluctuate a bit sadly.
    Depends on the system but those Iron golem farms tend to be very finicky.

3. Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

Chunks are only loaded when you are within about 100 blocks of them, chunk loading is not affected by the entity clear.

4. Thank you both. That's what I thought, but I preferred to ask

@R4iscool1 I know, complex redstone circuits aren't a good idea on big servers like CM, but I wanted to try it ^^

5. I have 4 golem farms and they are about 80 blocks away from eachother. Not one piece of redstone tho. I'm interested in what all your redstone does. Willing to share?

6. @jdakandeek I'm interested in what all your redstone does. Willing to share?

Like I said, this isn't from me, but from Hax52 (I'm not that good at redstone ^^)

Look for Fe2 [Iron Golem Farm] ;)

7. That was interesting. Only skimmed over the video being an hour long!

8. Can you tell me how the IRON FARM does?
    After you build it, can you tell me the Iron ingots results?
    If it's successful, I might make the Fe2 Iron Golem Farm.

9. The redstone and everything should work regardless of lag. Lag will reduce the spawn rates, it will also increase the time it takes for the farm to reset, probably by 20% or more (assuming the lag hasn't changed much since I last played).
    I'd also be interested to know how the drop rates are; and how much lower than expected.

For anyone interested this video for a similar design explains pretty well what the redstone is actually doing and how the villages are created:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eegzcYYaeM

I think someone actually built this design on the 1.8 server, and also complained of low drop rates.

10. I already built it, but not try. I'd try this evening after work and will tell you how it was

11. Any update?

12. Edited 7 years ago by MAZEFOK

Sorry, I was a little bit busy those past days... I realize that some parts of the build was not correctly connected to the redstone system, so I fixed it. I will try it saturday for sure ^^

13. Cool!

14. Okay, so I tried it this morning and this is really disappointing... spawn rate is very low, and some times golems spawn outside the box.

So, I'd check the entire build [sigh] and try it again and again and again !

or Sign Up to reply!