Kinky's Bunker

1. 7 years ago

While its technically not a bunker, and is actually more of a tower, I still call it a bunker in a sorta weird homage to my base in 1.8 that its modeled after, which actually was a bunker. Anywho I thought I'd finally post screenshots of the place because I realized if I wait until I get it finished to the point I want it to, we'll be moving on to a 1.11 server by then lol.

So here's the view of the place from the farm outside. I plan to eventually clear out the area all the way around the tower and expand a bit upon the external parts, but clearing out the area is a time consuming process that I haven't had time to tackle here lately, but sooooooon....

-image-

From the other angle, this is the cavern that I've cleared so far and where the farm sits. My buddy irl who plays as Icebaal in game is the one that made it look pretty and natural, I had a utilitarian, militaristic, space efficient farm thing goin on before this, but it wasnt much to look at. I plan on making the farm fancy and automated eventually but theres more I want to finish before I set up any kind of auto system, aside from the auto cane farm in the corner. So I just farm everything the old fashioned way for now.

-image-

-image-

Moving inside to the ground floor, I wanted something really unique at my place, so I made the floor out of water and the walkways with lilypads. Also adds a large bit of relief to the gray blandness of living underground.

-image-

Starting around the room clockwise from the farm, This wall is made up of my Cobblestone vault, the staircase to the upper floors, the hallway to my zombie farm, and my Enchanting Library.

-image-

Cobblestone Vault room on the far left, nothing special. Just an entire room dedicated to cobblestone. Yes its all full. As I clear more Im probably gonna have to turn this room into something else and build an entire tower just dedicated to cobblestone storage... I'm a hoarder... I cant bring myself to destroy blocks or not pick them up lol.

-image-

-image-

The staircase itself goes all the way to the top of the tower and provides access to the second floor, the entrance to my ravine and mineshaft, the roof of the tower, and the minecart track to the surface.

-image-

-image-

-image-

-image-

Down the hallway is my zombie farm which needs a lot of work, its still in its most basic form, I need to build a sorter up top so I can filter out zombie villagers, then once I do that I can compact the killzone to a single block space and make it a million times more efficient but as with the rest of my base, I've been working on other things and just haven't found the time.

-image-

Continuing on, at the end of the wall is the Enchanting Library:

-image-

Inside is obviously where I do all my enchanting and where all my books and related supplies are stored.

-image-

-image-

The next wall is comprised of my Alchemy Lab/ Brewing Room, my villager market, and my main storage vault.

-image-

I really liked the end theme and wanted it featured somewhere in my base, and I just kinda ran with it when I put together my brewing stuff.

-image-

-image-

-image-

My favorite part of the room is the flower display in the back, I've got every plant in minecraft featured except the stick bush and cactus. They wont grow on anything but sand and I couldn't fit them in without things looking screwy.

-image-

-image-

Next up is the Villager Market, I've got quite a few librarians and have access to nearly all high level enchants, and at pretty good emerald prices. Still missing a few but I get everything I need pretty quickly. The area is fairly well secured but I stuck an Iron Golem in there should any mobs wander in and try to attack my villagers.

-image-

-image-

-image-

Then finally, one of my most used rooms, The Main Storage Vault. In here I keep every item and block in MineCraft neatly organized. I wanted to continue having themed rooms and modeled this one loosely on a stronghold.

-image-

-image-

-image-

View of the ground floor from the opposite corner. Now then, the lone room on the wall with all the Ivy is my Armory/ Display Room.

-image-

This is my favorite room and where I spend most of my time, I usually just chill in here and listen to my fire crackle. Its peaceful.

-image-

I've got a nice display set of each armor type under my banner collection, as well as tons of extra armor I get from the zombie farm. Up on my mantle I store my mob heads. Dragon and Wither skeletons for now. hopefully skeleton and zombie heads and more one day when I finally manage to charge a creeper.

-image-

On the opposite side I store all my music discs and play one or two on my nifty little stereo set. I know the duck banners look kinda outta place but those are trophies of mine. I nabbed them from _Gnome_Child_'s base after I blew the living crap out of it the night he teleported Blesian to Kylorenderman's base while I was visiting and tried to get me killed. Blesian got in a couple of hits on me but luckily I managed to find a long staircase which I ran up, then dropped a bucket of water. I had Depth Strider 3 and Flux didn't. So I managed to shove a porkchop down my gullet, heal up and tp the hell outta there before he could get me. Was a very narrow escape.

-image-

Obligatory shot of Gnome's former base: Before he crossed me.

-image-

And his place after I blew the living hell out of it. Word to the wise, don't try to kill me or mess with my stuff. I will find you and destroy everything you have ever loved. I don't pvp or grief bases. Gnome is the only exception... so far. Don't piss me off.

-image-

On the far end of the room I have a map of the surrounding area, and the rest of the wall space is dedicated to player heads. My collection isn't anywhere near as large as Mizoresharayuki's and Neonjews' , but for not pvping and almost exclusively acquiring heads through trading, It's a pretty decent collection.

-image-

On the left side of this wall I keep all my random player heads, players who aren't very regular on the server, or that aren't very memorable at least. Names I don't recognize from chat, etc. The space above the door is reserved specifically for Hacker heads.

-image-

The spot above the door here is more of a showcase of my favorite heads. Nothing special about them. I just think they look the coolest. Then on the right I have randomly specific grouping of certain heads. The top left corner are heads from players who have gotten the crap griefed out of them on multiple occasions, like ol mtbsharkman for example. The bottom left corner are heads from players I recognize and see often on the server, like cookiestepdog there =P. The bottom right are idiots that got banned from the server for various offenses. In the dead center are my pride and joy, the heads of 4 of the biggest most toxic blights upon the server. _Gnome_Child_ , Jezza_YT, Oolfa, and z103 aka Outshoutz. Just under that I have the first few heads I ever got on the server, and the heads of my two real life friends who play with me Icebaal and Majorclay. (The heads on either side of the captain jack head respectively)

-image-

Then I've got my council table thing in the center of the room. I use it to host dinner parties when I have special guests like Crafty!

-image-

-image-

-image-

View from the Armory door:

-image-

If you head up to the second floor you'll see the most impressive section of the tower. The Beacon Room. The hanging chandeliers, windows, massive library, and beacon itself took quite some time to gather and complete, but were well worth the adventure.

-image-

-image-

-image-

-image-

-image-

-image-

I've got a switch and whenever I want I can flip the beacon on or off at my leisure, looks like a giant laser when its on lol.

-image-

-image-

Thats it for now folks, I've got much more planned and next time I post some screens I'll have a massive amount of work done.

-image-

2. 0-0 holy shit

3. 2nd best minecraft base i have ever seen
    2nd storage room with the most amunt of sorts i have ever seen, e.g. cobbleston, andesite, even enchant books
    largest amp i have evrseen
    best use of water
    you should label the more important heads just a suggesstiong no h8

4. Dang man! I have to praise you for having the patience to build all of it and for having the patience to upload all those pics directly rather then giving a link! Good job!

5. i wouldve just done a vid

6. Inspiring! Many wows.

7. This is nothing short of amazing! I especially love the use of themed rooms and chandelier. Now I feel inspired to step up the look of my current base. How long did this take you to make? This must have taken ages!

8. Holy fuck This is amazing as hell 11/10

9. Thats awesome dude!
    Not gonna lie, the entrance looks alot like one of my old bases with the castle wall in a big hole deep underground

10. Truly amazing +100

11. Fantastic!

12. @CovertRaw It has indeed taken some time lol, 95% of the construction is just me, Ice doesnt really build much, he just likes digging, which im ok with lol, cause I hate clearing out spaces underground but he loves it, he did 99% of the ground clearing. And @FishW Im a perfectionist when it comes to my base lol and wanted to do it justice, so I absolutely had to post every screen and give everyone a detailed tour :P

13. its really good!

14. Thought I would do a bonus gallery, so here it is folks, The Making of the place I call home!

I found this place somewhere after 2 or 3 days of exploration. My Original plan was to settle down in a Mega Taiga biome. Mega Taigas are my absolute favorite, and I didn't even know they existed until I stumbled onto one after a very long night on the 1.8 server... I fell into a ravine deep underground while exploring a mineshaft and found a tunnel made by a player. So I thought to myself, hey I'll just follow this tunnel and see where it goes. Turns out, the fucking tunnel was over 45,000 blocks long. Not exaggerating in the slightest. I actually think it was over 60,000 long because the part I stumbled into went in both directions, and I picked the one I thought was going toward a base. Anyway, so when I finally reached the end of the tunnel underground, it let out into a Mega Taiga, and it was the most amazing experience... I had never seen that particular biome before and I had been running down this dark creepy tunnel for nearly 6 hours underground, and it was raining and just... I was inspired. The trees, the podzol, the mossy cobble formations. It was so damn neat looking. So when the 1.9 server went live, I vowed I wouldn't stop until I was hella far away from spawn in a Mega Taiga I could call my own.

But that didn't happen. I was boating along in the middle of the ocean on my second or third day on the 1.9 server and passed 2 ocean monuments in a straight line, then crashed into a fairly large island. Really considered setting up shop, but decided to move on. However I hadn't moved on even 1000 blocks from the island when I found yet another ocean monument... So I said screw it. Awesome island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by 3 ocean monuments... too good to pass up.

Upon later exploration of the surrounding area, after I had set up a proper base underground, I found another 2 ocean monuments within a 1000 block radius, for a total of 5. Hit the jackpot. So I'm very glad I stayed lol

This is probably the oldest screenshot I have of the base, what you are looking at folks is currently the ground floor of the tower which is now water and lilypads.

-image-

@Icebaal and I started clearing out a small space to make a working base

-image-

After dodging many lava pockets and dealing with some very unruly zombies we had a clean area to work with, and I got started building the original iteration of the base.

-image-

-image-

After a lot more work, I finally had a solid base and place to gather materials and adventure outward from. I'm like borderline OCD and everything always has to be organized, so my storage has looked pretty much the same even from the beginning lol

-image-

This is the main floor of the original base, which again, is now the area covered in water and lilypads. Sorry for the strange chat... generally the only time I took screenshots back then was when something weird was going on lol

-image-

... Very weird

-image-

The base Stayed cozy like that for a very long time. During this stage I randomly found a zombie spawner when I was digging out a hallway and that massively altered the course of building development. I surrounded the center area with a square hallway where I stored villagers originally. After nearly a month like that, the villager honks and grunts had almost driven me insane, and the lack of space was making me claustrophobic as hell... But I had finally gathered enough Iron to finish a beacon. So Icebaal and I began the expansion.

We got the beacon going and cleared upwards. I had wanted to make a big chandelier and tower from the beginning as thats the direction I was headed with my base on the 1.8 server.

-image-

I took out the roof, which is now the second floor and built up the walls of the current tower... and more weird shit in chat lol.

Behind the snowy mountain banner you can see the old hallway to the zombie spawner behind the jungle door

-image-

Started working on the staircase during this stage.

-image-

This was a very time consuming stage of development. The villager noise was driving me up the damn wall, literally, I made a tower. So they needed their own room. All of my storage was overflowing and EVERYTHING was mixed together... enchanting materials, building materials, brewing ingredients... it was a nightmare. First on my list however was the villagers, I wanted to get it out of the way first because I wanted some damn quiet. So I dug out a hallway and created the current market area. Once I did this I realized I had a bunch of dead space on either side of this hallway that I needed to fill. But I realized hey I need rooms for my building materials and brewing stuff, so it worked out perfectly.

I don't have many screenshots from this time of the base as I was exploring the end for cities and materials during most of my time online, but that was when I fell in love with the End style and I had all these blocks from my excursions out there so I just ran with an idea when I was making the alchemy room and it turned out really cool. After I finished it I tried my hand at another themed room and made the main storage vault with a stronghold theme in mind on the other side of the market hallway.

-image-

This is what the outside farm looked like at this time. Like I said, space efficient and utilitarian lol.

-image-

Finally I had finished the 3 largest rooms and had migrated the majority of the old base storage into them, and had cleared out the original ground floor and furniture and junk. Also raised the beacon to the second floor and was playing around with a like... "temple" Idea with it. I put some water under it and just didn't touch it for a long time.

-image-

This was an annoying stage for the ground floor. It was just so icky and gray everywhere and bland... and I didn't want to close off the floor because it would be claustrophobic all over again... I didn't know how to solve my design issues for a long time and couldn't find any inspiration... Then one day I tried playing around with lilypads and sea lanterns and it looked awesome. Was also still trying to figure out how to keep the second floor open, played around with the idea of like beams suspending the beacon in the air.

-image-

Finally, I pushed back the stone and realized I could just make the entire floor out of glass and have the illusion of open space. Then I fleshed out the floor with water and lilypad walkways.

-image-

The armory/ display room was basically my house during the entire building process, I built the fireplace early on and originally kept my player heads above it, unfortunately I don't really have any early screenshots that don't have my coords or revealing information on them. I worked on it in little pieces whenever I needed a break from the main tower. The fireplace side was the original room, and as I got more heads and explored a larger area around my base I realized I need more display room, so I broke down the back wall and extended it as far back as the fireplace side to make it even.

here it is about halfway to where it is now, the fireplace is to the right of me and the wooden wall to the left is now the hall where the heads and map are.

-image-

With the Ground floor finally finished, I looked back up and realized there was still much to do. I needed to finish my original dream on the 1.8 server... I wanted my damn chandelier.

-image-

I needed to be able to work up there first, and wasn't exactly sure what shape I wanted for the roof of the tower so I opted to finish the staircase first... I hated every second of it, mainly because it was just repeating the same design over and over and over the whole way up. Also because I still had not raided any of the surrounding ocean monuments yet and didn't have the prismarine I needed, so the entire staircase was originally stone slabs which I then completely tore out and replaced with prismarine... I still hate my damn staircase, not how it looks, I love that. I just remember how frustrating it was to build whenever I look at it. Oh yeah I forgot, I also had to clear out stone the whole way up because it was still filled up then... so that didn't help. I do have this little gem of a screenshot from that time though lol. I'm still not exactly sure what the hell @BaronBattleBread was doing XD.

-image-

After I finished the staircase, Icebaal didnt like the farm and wanted a more natural space underground, I also knew then that I wanted to clear out the area around the tower. So we spent an entire night clearing out the adjacent cavern, after which I went to sleep. When I got back on the next day this was there.

-image-

I finished the roof, and the chandelier, which was originally all glowstone, I replaced it with sea lanterns and the staircase with prismarine after I finally got around to raiding one of the ocean monuments near me. Then however I was struck with the same problem in the upper tower that I had come across on the ground floor... it was gray and bland and ugly. So i made some big huge windows. It still felt empty though, but I had a literal ass ton of library book blocks from the 4 or 5 strongholds I raided and built up the sides of the tower with them. and it filled the empty gray space perfectly. I had one last problem though... when I looked out the windows I was constantly reminded that I was underground, and It bugged me. So I made the windows 3 deep and filled the middle up with water to provide the illusion that I'm underwater... which worked perfectly.

-image-

and thats where I've been since then everybody. I've made a few tweaks to existing structures here and there, added minor details, played with some furniture ideas, and have a few plans to work on. The next big thing will be clearing the area around the tower and eventually adding more towers, then connecting them into one large castle structure underground. It's gonna be grand for sure. Until then though.

-image-

-image-

15. [deleted]

15 Jul 2016
    Deleted 3 years ago by CraftyMyner
  16. @_UNDRSCRE_ uh im not exactly sure, the head with like green earphones? Whats your brothers IGN lol? I've gotten a lot of heads from @MizoreShirayuki and @neonjews, and from a few other sellers, so odds are he got killed by one of them XD, only other possiblity is I may have killed him, but I normally only attack the random nubs that wander into the arena at 4 in the morning lol

17. Amazing! Great job!

18. admin please help me fix this thread it keeps automatic scrolling up. i cant read it!

19. @TheForgotten20 Its just the pictures being loaded slowly, causing the posts with them to increase in size, so it scrolls up. Just open the page and wait for all the images to be loaded, and you'll be fine

20. ok ty

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!