Op spider grinded

1. 7 years ago

So i stumbled accross an op cave spider grinder with redstone mechanics ect, and there was a chest named DoctorD's chest, and i just want to know, who is DoctorD?

2. post pictures :D

3. I will later

4. Nice find!

5. I don't think there's much red stone in a cave spider grinder. I guess you can use a piston and block to suffocate them down to one hit. This can be timed using a comparator timer. The one I use doesn't do that and just uses water stream. The hard things about cave spiders I that they climb (which makes moving them difficult) and they are small. The first issue is dealt with using down and backwards flowing water onto/into signs to push them off of walls. The second issue only matters in the collection area. Since they are half a block large the grinder opening must be less than half a block tall. Hope this helps

6. Edited 7 years ago by WBlaine

Btw a comparator timer is just a loop of comparators that extend the duration of a red stone signal

7. @wblaine128 Btw a comparator timer is just a loop of comparators that extend the duration of a red stone signal

repeater*

8. Edited 7 years ago by WBlaine

No this one uses comparators in a loop to create a gradually diminishing redstone signal. two repeaters on two opposite corners act as input and output.
    What I use has the following layout where C is comparator, B is any opaque block, IR is input repeater, OR is output repeater, and the comparators have a clockwise orientation:

----OR
    B C B
    C --C
    C -- C
    B C B
    IR

Note: the number of comparators here is arbitrary.

9. @wblaine128 No this one uses comparators in a loop to create a gradually diminishing redstone signal. two repeaters on two opposite corners act as input and output.
    What I use has the following layout where C is comparator, B is any opaque block, IR is input repeater, OR is output repeater, and the comparators have a clockwise orientation:

----OR
    B C B
    C --C
    C -- C
    B C B
    IR

Note: the number of comparators here is arbitrary.

Just use an Etho hopper clock variation, does the same thing but however many seconds you want

10. @OtherGreenGamer Just use an Etho hopper clock variation, does the same thing but however many seconds you want

Yeah that works, too. I generally use hopper clocks when i want regularly spaced short signals with a long period between. But I can see how it could be applied to this situation. If you want a long signal and don't have much space to work with, I guess an Etho hopper clock would be better.

11. Edited 7 years ago by TheForgotten20

@wblaine128 trip wire+ a repeater delay will be more effective, as it only activates when there are spiders in there. ik this is useless but its just a little bit more fun and interactive.

or Sign Up to reply!