New ServerPlz Command(s)

1. 7 years ago

The command "serverplz entities" would tally up all the current entities in loaded chunks at the time of the command and display this as a numerical value:

[Server] The current entity count is 538 entities!

This would let normal players and perhaps Helpers know if someone's mob farm is over the 100 entity count limit.

Even better would be "serverplz max entities" which would display the player with the most entities and their entity count around them at the current time.

[Server] _______ has 152 entities around them!

If anyone in staff thinks this is a decent idea, or think it's useless, leave a reply below.

-Spy

2. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

Staff already have a system of working out how many entities are in a chunk and displaying it as a list although rarely used.
    It's not really an issue to be honest since the Mod2's keep a close eye on entity counts. I can't see any reason to give access to normal players this info, they can't really do anything and it's one more thing to spam.

3. What R4 said ^

ServerAI is built to scan public chat for questions and (hopefully) respond to just the ones that would be beneficial to the majority of players. Questions like "Do you want to pvp with me?" and "How many entities are around me?" are not responded to either because it does not have the knowledge to respond or it would not benefit everyone who can see the response (Everyone watching public chat). There is already a way to view your entities with the F3 menu so another system that just spams the chat is not necessary.

4. noice

5. I agree, and having some sort of auto server response linked to a question with the word entities has potential to annoyingly muck up everyday conversations in chat.

6. Edited 7 years ago by 2Chill

@TheMightyDrex I agree, and having some sort of auto server response linked to a question with the word entities has potential to annoyingly muck up everyday conversations in chat.

I agree it's not hard for the person to check them using f3 periodically .
    Good idea though ,but it would just be more convolution to the server chat.

or Sign Up to reply!